Category One Academy

Cam the Ram

Another tick for the owners.

After the horrendous start they had here, all the yanks out stuff,  they have steadily and consistently turned the club round without throwing silly money at it and loading us with huge debts.

When we make it to the Prem we will be ready, on and off the field.

In this day and age of clueless egotistical owners we should be thankful ours are long termers with a sensible and sustainable plan.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tick for the owners.

After the horrendous start they had here, all the Americans out stuff,  they have steadily and consistently turned the club round without throwing silly money at it and loading us with huge debts.

When we make it to the Prem we will be ready, on and off the field.

In this day and age of clueless egotistical owners we should be thankful ours are long termers with a sensible and sustainable plan.

Good point. My dad was forever insisting there tight there useless they need to invest X millions like Forest and Leicester are etc..

I was forever telling him it's there money would he throw his own money into Derby? There smart bbusinessmen who are a success. I'm glad 9/10 things they have done are showing positive movement even the people who slated them must have changed there mind now?!

Wonder where the gumps are with their Cat 1, after all it was promised by Fawaz, I expect some gump to call me a liar on that.

Just shows how well the owners have done as the next official review is 2016, last was 2013, so we didn't wait for the review we paid to have one early as we knew we where ready, now that is spending money in the right way.

Wonder where the gumps are with their Cat 1, after all it was promised by Fawaz, I expect some gump to call me a liar on that.

Just shows how well the owners have done as the next official review is 2016, last was 2013, so we didn't wait for the review we paid to have one early as we knew we where ready, now that is spending money in the right way.

When they stopped their academy players actually using the academy facilities and made them go and train on a council tip, they were in danger of losing their Category 2 status. Billy's doing, of course.

I don't think they can even apply for Category 1 status until 2016 now, because as you rightly point out, it's a 3 year cycle unless you pay - and I don't think they take post-dated cheques or maxed-out credit cards.

Absolutely. Most "big" Prem teams stream/have TV channels which show their u21 games, so we'll certainly have a better insight into our u21 team.

In theory then, we should be able to get streams for some of ours?

its silly how clubs like chelsea and city get cat 1 status when none of their youth players get any where near the first team

What winds me up is these clubs poach kids from other clubs but never hardly play them and if they don't look like making the grade then they're just tossed aside.

We also gained Cat 1 status yesterday http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-achieve-category-one-status-1782953.aspx

We have 4 first teamers that have come through the youth level and are aged 20 - 22 and have a young keeper ( Walton ) 18 who plays for England U19 and should be on the bench this season and will play a few games.

Arsenal were after him but Walton signed a new 4 year contract with us as he knows he'll have first team games this season just like all his mates that have made it to the first team, going to Arsenal then he knew he's be playing for the kids then probably loaned out to some 1st or 2nd division side.

But concerns me about being a category on status acadermy is these top sides can still cherry pick our best youngters if they wish whereas we thought we'd be safe. It'll cost us

Archived