Chief Scout Derek Bragg leaves DCFC

-JW-

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this whole business of the Chief Scout being sacked after 6 months was done in an uncharacteristically sly way by the club.

Snuck out immediately prior to the World Cup final so it would be buried somewhat by the avalanche of global football news, plus what they did say in the press release was fairly meaningless cliche-riddled flannel.

The bottom line is that they employed this guy with some small level of fanfare

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-make-appointments-new-look-scouting/story-20700332-detail/story.html

and for whatever reason it

I thought this whole business of the Chief Scout being sacked after 6 months was done in an uncharacteristically sly way by the club.

Snuck out immediately prior to the World Cup final so it would be buried somewhat by the avalanche of global football news, plus what they did say in the press release was fairly meaningless cliche-riddled flannel.

The bottom line is that they employed this guy with some small level of fanfare

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-make-appointments-new-look-scouting/story-20700332-detail/story.html

and for whatever reason it

Really?

OK - if this doesn't worry you then fair enough, but I happen to think it's a story that relects badly on the club - particularly Chris Evans, and by definition Sam Rush. The fact they buried it with such a non-descript press release suggests that I'm right.

I agree with GreenRam. The club have tried to bury this news.

How convinced can we be that Chris Evans is the right man for the job if he's to appoint someone and then ship them out after six months. It doesn't say a lot for him if he's willing to get rid of the head scout so soon.

Really?

OK - if this doesn't worry you then fair enough, but I happen to think it's a story that relects badly on the club - particularly Chris Evans, and by definition Sam Rush. The fact they buried it with such a non-descript press release suggests that I'm right.

People make mistakes. 

Perhaps the mistake was the appointment in the first place, but on the other hand perhaps something went wrong somewhere during the 6 months he was employed as chief scout, i.e. his assessment of players and/or priorities did not 'fit well' alongside the opinions of McClaren, Steele, Simpson etc.

It certainly doesn't worry me in the slightest because I'm not paranoid - although reading some posts on this messageboard over recent days and weeks perhaps I ought to append the word 'yet' to that statement.

Archived