Lukas Jutkiewicz

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett Pitman, Bournemouth, along with Matt Ritchie on the wing. (Although wingers weren't in your question I think he's a good player.

You can't seriously think Pittman is better than him? Lower league journeyman who when he tried to better himself and join Bristol City, he was absolutely turgid and went back to Bournemouth.

Look at his record.

Oh forgot the part football was played purely on paper and where Bournemouth had him up front in a successful side... Whereas Jutkiewicz...

Don't get you. You've popped up at this time of year to play faux football manager, spending half your time in the player suggestion thread chucking out players you've never seen play but must've had been good on FIFA or something.

Then when there's a serious link to a player, it's rubbished and we should sign player x instead from your extensive scouting.

Oh forgot the part football was played purely on paper and where Bournemouth had him up front in a successful side... Whereas Jutkiewicz...

Don't get you. You've popped up at this time of year to play faux football manager, spending half your time in the player suggestion thread chucking out players you've never seen play but must've had been good on FIFA or something.

Then when there's a serious link to a player, it's rubbished and we should sign player x instead from your extensive scouting.

I didn't rubbish it. I do watch football. I don't play football manager. £800-1 million is what I'd pay for Jutiewicz. Pitman around 800k. We only need a secondary striker. And we should use that money on a CB instead of a bench warmer that is effectively taking Sammons place. This equally all about finding a better replacement for Sammon than a Back-up for Martin. And with Pitman's record against Sammon's I'd take Pitman's. Yes 7 championship goals isn't that much but he plays as their secondary striker too. And that's what we're looking for right.

Jutiewicz, Pitman, all comparable with Fabian Brandy, Jay Simpson, Ishmail Miller etc. average secondary strikers. Just happens that Jutkiewicz has even linked with us and is overpriced.

Jutkiewicz is the best of that bunch and also the one that fits what we're looking for. More to it all than goalscoring stats, got to take height and aerial dominance into account too. Jay Simpson and Fabian Brandy aren't very good in the air, I can imagine, and Pitman plays behind the striker for Bournemouth mostly.

One of the articles from that link had this in it:

Wanderers have grown to rely rather heavily on his presence up front, an influence that has even extended to goalkeeper Adam Bogdan.

When asked about how he had changed his own game since returning from injury, the Hungarian revealed that the striker’s presence had been a major influence.

“It’s so important having him up there,” he said. “You know you have a target to aim at and that he is more often that not going to keep hold of the ball and it won’t be coming straight back at you.”

I do believe this is what we are looking for

Archived