Simmo was in talks for the Carlisle job

Carl Sagan

I feel dirty posting that teaser title sorry! There's a great interview with Simmo on the official Carlisle website following the cup draw: http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/article/simmointerview18june2014-1647867.aspx

Apparently last September he was talking with them about returning to be their manager. But they decided against offering him the job, meaning when Steve McClaren picked up the phone a few weeks later, he jumped at the chance to join us. Some things are meant to be...

Considering Carlisle went down, they may well look at us and think they made the wrong decision!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually… he had the Carlisle interview and then literally on the same day that he joined us he got a call saying he hadn't got the job, to which he replied 'I've just got a job at Derby'.

He said on Radio Derby a month or so ago.

Actually… he had the Carlisle interview and then literally on the same day that he joined us he got a call saying he hadn't got the job, to which he replied 'I've just got a job at Derby'.

Yep I heard that too.  Was a good interview actually, I always find Simmo interesting.

Yep I heard that too.  Was a good interview actually, I always find Simmo interesting.

Didn't know that. Always liked Simmo and think he's been a great addition. If I recall, when we got Davies, Simmo replaced him at Preston? And I was gutted as I'd have far rather had Simmo then!

Archived