Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

What I hate is everyone is taking sides....

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, he's had a fantastic last season, and maybe deserves a crack at the prem. If he wants to go, let him go, no one knows anything publicly yet anyway.

He's replaceable. We already have a ready made replacement here in Hendrick....

There is no bashing of Bryson from me. Just think we wouldn't miss him in our team, just my opinion.

Just think it's sad that people have to take sides on everything when the consensus of the majority should be to wish him well in his endeavours if he did leave.

Sad that the blame game and agendas happen in football.... But it's a hypocricitical world

Completely agree. If he were to stay with us, I'd put money on it that he wouldn't reach the heights of last season. And, whilst we'd still miss his inevitable goals, we could still dominate this league with a midfield of Thorne, Hendrick and Hughes (might need a minor replacement as I don't entirely fancy Coutts and Eustace as our only back-ups though).

I just hope we get a decent fee for him if he leaves and not this 750K that's being bandied around. That would be a travesty.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree. If he were to stay with us, I'd put money on it that he wouldn't reach the heights of last season. And, whilst we'd still miss his inevitable goals, we could still dominate this league with a midfield of Thorne, Hendrick and Hughes (might need a minor replacement as I don't entirely fancy Coutts and Eustace as our only back-ups though).

I just hope we get a decent fee for him if he leaves and not this 750K that's being bandied around. That would be a travesty.

I do think if he goes...... It would be low 750k.

I would want 1.5 to 2 for him....

Rush and Bryson both getting some stick based on rumour and conjecture. No one has seen the contract, no one has been privy to the talks, no one has heard either speak about this in public, no one knows how much Burnley have offered and what our demands are, if any. I would hate to think how much stick they would get if there was actually a shred of evidence either way instead of a load of stuff being trotted out by the Daily Mirror in order to sell papers. It seems to me that people are tried and convicted these days on the basis of the odd throwaway line on twitter, the actual facts have become irrelevant.Its nice to be able to debate but don't condemn people on the basis of tripe published in the gutter press or in the social media, 95% of it is garbage.

I'm constantly having to bite my tongue in this thread, but I wouldn't say there's really much of that going on, and that any such situation has been entirely manipulated.

constantly like that.... But my own weakness is when people call refs cheats.... That's when I go!

On that basis how much is Thorne worth?

How much whatever Derby are going to pay....

I would go personally 2.5 Max with 500k add ons.... But what do I know! :)

Not really, all your views are based on guesswork, and until the facts come out then I'm quite happy for the club and player to sort this out between themselves.

Most people I think won't be bothered when and if Bryson moves in, if we get Thorne as a replacement, the reason being that one will want to go, and the other other wants to come, ideal scenario is we get both of course.

Not only based on guesswork.

You're just guessing that.

ronnie, everyone's a hypocrite. You'll see it a lot on a football forum because everyone wants what they deem to be best for the club. In this case George Thorne coming to the club would be good, Bryson leaving for 750k obviously bad.

So when Thorne tries to engineer a move in the press to come back to us on a permanent we like it even though it's a bit of a dick move. But when Bryson, our POTY, quietly goes about trying to get his move, even though he's not really done anything wrong, we don't like it cause it would weaken the team. 

Nobody is going to be particularly objective on here. valleyram obviously has a connection to Bryson and posts as such. You, despite what you claim, obviously hold Clough's sacking against Rush and seem to look to criticise him at every turn. This is all fair enough and different perspectives are interesting to read, but me as a Derby fan with no particular connection or strong feeling to any involved parties? I want Sam Rush to have the club's interest at heart first and foremost and if that means not letting Bryson leave for 750k then I'm all for it quite frankly, whatever may or may not be in his contract.

I've never claimed to have been anything other than angry, disappointed and lied to by Sam Rush. People talk about an agenda as if I've ever tried to cover that up.

I follow football and I follow footballers. I don't follow CEO's because as far as I'm concerned they make football decisions without having any qualification to do so.

At every turn I see money men and men behind the scenes making decisions that turn the game I loved into a laughing stock.

The fact that it has happened for the last 42 years makes me distrust them even more.

Sam Rush was here for less than a year before he decided to spend a fortune of someone elses money replacing something that I PERSONALLY do not feel needed replacing, days after telling everyone who would listen how much he supported the work Nigel was doing. In other words, he lied.

No hidden agenda, just my honest views.

Not only based on guesswork.

You're just guessing that.

Your post says "appears", if its not guesswork dare I ask who has told you all this info?

Your post says "appears", if its not guesswork dare I ask who has told you all this info?

What for?

You've got no real interest in whether I'm telling the truth or not.

All you want to do and that other poster SRG is tell me to "bore off" and tell me I've got an agenda.

I've never claimed to have been anything other than angry, disappointed and lied to by Sam Rush. People talk about an agenda as if I've ever tried to cover that up.

I follow football and I follow footballers. I don't follow CEO's because as far as I'm concerned they make football decisions without having any qualification to do so.

At every turn I see money men and men behind the scenes making decisions that turn the game I loved into a laughing stock.

The fact that it has happened for the last 42 years makes me distrust them even more.

Sam Rush was here for less than a year before he decided to spend a fortune of someone elses money replacing something that I PERSONALLY do not feel needed replacing, days after telling everyone who would listen how much he supported the work Nigel was doing. In other words, he lied.

Do you even support this club, mate?

I genuinely can't grasp how you're still angry about Clough's sacking when the only thing to come out of it is this club improving and having a great season.

I know as a football fan that its' difficult to be detatched or unbiased but does know one see that the club aren't behaving well here?

Everyone is on at Bryson our POTY and pivotal playerfor not behaving in the right way, yet on an adjacent thread they're delighted with the behaviour of George Thorne who has done bugger all for us.

Hypocritical to say the least.

I'm gutted to see Bryson now labelled as a bad egg even though it appears that it's the club that is behaving poorly in this instance.

Hypocritical sport ran by hypocrites.

If we gave him the clause we've got to let him go.

I think our CEO or head of recruitment are acting like ***** yet it's Bryson we're crucifying.

I totally agree that Bryson is not deserving of criticism but what have the club or Sam Rush done that has got you so worked up? The only definite thing we know is that the club have turned down a bid from Burnley, anything else is pure speculation. You have totally ruined your own argument about fans acting unfairly towards Bryson by doing exactly the same thing to Rush.

If a clause exists in Bryson's contract which allows him to talk to other clubs then it appears that Derby have honoured it, what it clearly will not do is force the club to sell him below market value. So what exactly has Rush done to be on the end of a tongue lashing, why has he behaved badly? It strikes me that you don't like him, period, but that's no excuse for being so unjust.

Some might say that such a clause should not exist at all but if the player gave Derby two options, i.e. I will sign a new contract if the clause is inserted but I will walk away at the end of my existing deal if it isn't, then what do the club do? A new contract with conditions is better than no contract at all.We don't need another Commons situation, a player running down his contract and leaving for virtually nothing. Negotiations are always difficult, with agents making demands over and above money, sometimes a club has to accept the best deal on the table even if its not one they would have chosen.

I've never claimed to have been anything other than angry, disappointed and lied to by Sam Rush.

I respect your opinion, and share a few of these with you.

However, credit Sam where it's due (I'm a fan of Rush) - he saw that we had a good young team, but the coaching was average at best. The possibility to hire one of the best British coaches, and his team who all know Derby, would see the young players grow and develop. Thus he made the call.

As it stands, we actually don't know a whole lot about what's going on at the club, we know all the players have or will report back for preseason, and so we go from there.

I totally agree that Bryson is not deserving of criticism but what have the club or Sam Rush done that has got you so worked up? The only definite thing we know is that the club have turned down a bid from Burnley, anything else is pure speculation. You have totally ruined your own argument about fans acting unfairly towards Bryson by doing exactly the same thing to Rush.

If a clause exists in Bryson's contract which allows him to talk to other clubs then it appears that Derby have honoured it, what it clearly will not do is force the club to sell him below market value. So what exactly has Rush done to be on the end of a tongue lashing, why has he behaved badly? It strikes me that you don't like him, period, but that's no excuse for being so unjust.

Some might say that such a clause should not exist at all but if the player gave Derby two options, i.e. I will sign a new contract if the clause is inserted but I will walk away at the end of my existing deal if it isn't, then what do the club do? A new contract with conditions is better than no contract at all.We don't need another Commons situation, a player running down his contract and leaving for virtually nothing. Negotiations are always difficult, with agents making demands over and above money, sometimes a club has to accept the best deal on the table even if its not one they would have chosen.

What can I say on the first bolded bit that i haven't said already? Nothing I say will satisfy you.

I sent Sam Rush an email thanking him for coming out publicly and backing Nigel, this was after he came out at the start of the season and said how proud he was to be working alongside him. 

Three results later, he's gone and he sacked him.

For others perhaps they can let that slide. I can't. I feel lied to.

Since then he's taken every opportunity to criticise whatever he can about Nigel, his staff, his methods. his relationships and his recruitment. Why do that?

Why sour a relationship that didn't need to be soured.

That's what pushed me over the edge.

I'm not asking anyone of you to agree with me, in fact all i keep trying to do is to be polite and answer the questions you and others send me back after my posts.

I could be a rude little sod and just ignore you.

I've said all along that I don't want Bryson to leave. I've said all along that I understand if and why the clause is there.

I've said all along that we've got two options.

Either pay him as close as we dare to what he wants and get him to re-sign. Which would please me no end cos I think Bryson would be a huge part of the squad I believe is good enough to take Derby back where they belong.

or if he won't sign let him go for whatever the clause says and don't risk souring a relationship that doesn't need to be soured.

We can't give him a clause and then try to take it away just because it doesn't suit us.

Or if we do that, then we can't complain when players show no loyalty back.

I respect your opinion, and share a few of these with you.

However, credit Sam where it's due (I'm a fan of Rush) - he saw that we had a good young team, but the coaching was average at best. The possibility to hire one of the best British coaches, and his team who all know Derby, would see the young players grow and develop. Thus he made the call.

As it stands, we actually don't know a whole lot about what's going on at the club, we know all the players have or will report back for preseason, and so we go from there.

That's fair enough r4d, I think the hiring of McClaren, Simpson and Steele has turned out to be a masterstroke. Three lads with an affinity with the club and with the fans.

I got it wrong thinking Mac wasn't the right choice. I think he's marginally improved the performance of the team as whole. I think Steele is better than Taylor and I think Grant has benefitted from him coming. I think SImpson talks a lot of sense and always liked him, both as a player and as a manager. On top of that, I think he's a genuinely nice lad.

I think I've said that a couple of times now.

The decision in the end turned out to be the right thing for Derby County.

The way it was done and the subsequent comments and behaviour continue to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Two sides to the club for me, the players and what goes on on the pitch, which I've very rarely criticised, I think it's in good shape and I've got a lot of affection for. The other side is totally separate and it's ran by someone I'm not comfortable with.

Not sure why lots of folk seem to be regarding all this Nixon bloke says as fact, 80% of stuff in the tabloids is usually totally conjecture to help sell them, if Bryson is talking to Derby about a new deal every possibility he will be staying surely, don't see Burnley as a move forward in the long term, apart from their current position, which may well be very temporary. Mr Thorne obviously doesn't think the Premier League is the be all and end all, looking at many of the fixtures I would agree with him, apart from four or five clubs many of the names wouldn't send that much of a tingle down your spine in the Championship.

Archived