Derby confirm retained list

Lord_Ram

Turning on players when they are injured ? Not sure what this means, if your look on the Shuan Barker thread you will see I am a big fan off him and can't wait for him to get back.

I was never really a fan of Coutts on the wing without Brayford playing right back. I think the wingers we have now in Ward, Russell, Dawkins, are better than Coutts. 

Do you think he would get in central midfield, with the likes of Hendrick, Hughes, Bryson, Thorne (hopefully). No chance. 

Also, don't try and turn my two word post into a witch hunt against Coutts.

I've seen many question why we've even bothered, even for Barker.

Do you know how many games Coutts played this season? 8, that's it. You took a sample of 8 games and turned on a player when he was injured.

You can talk all day about that link up with Brayford, but that is the sample set since Brayford left. Considering that the season before Brayford only missed a massive 6 games, there isn't enough to draw such conclusions from.

Coutts' role out wide was as a right midfielder, and allowed Brayford more freedom going forward. At this point his role would be as backup to Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick in the midfield, and only on the wing when absolutely needed.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen many question why we've even bothered, even for Barker.

Do you know how many games Coutts played this season? 8, that's it. You took a sample of 8 games and turned on a player when he was injured.

You can talk all day about that link up with Brayford, but that is the sample set since Brayford left. Considering that the season before Brayford only missed a massive 6 games, there isn't enough to draw such conclusions from.

Coutts' role out wide was as a right midfielder, and allowed Brayford more freedom going forward. At this point his role would be as backup to Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick in the midfield, and only on the wing when absolutely needed.

Do you know how many game Thornes played this season? 12, and we are already talking about breaking a transfer record to get him permanently. Clearly shows you can make your mind up on a player in just a few appearances. My opinion is that Coutts will struggle to get game time due the the quality we have and intend to bring in i.e Thorne. 

Do you know how many game Thornes played this season? 12, and we are already talking about breaking a transfer record to get him permanently. Clearly shows you can make your mind up on a player in just a few appearances. My opinion is that Coutts will struggle to get game time due the the quality we have and intend to bring in i.e Thorne.

To be honest I would be disgusted if the club broke the transfer record chasing Thorne. It would send the wrong message to him, the rest of the club, and the direction we're trying to go, and it would be on a limited set from a player many West Brom fans didn't rate before his spell here.

To be honest, I would hope he agreed a ballpark figure when we loaned him with the view that if he really wanted the move, such a deal would be agreed. At this point, if we go chasing into the millions for him, it's pointless. I'd like to have him here and think he could make a career for himself in this side, but silly money would be comical.

The difference with Coutts of course is that we didn't have a small set, we had a whole damn season where many listed him as a candidate for player of the season, and a great buy. I don't think think he'll displace Hughes, Hendrick or Bryson easily, but he certainly will have his role in the coming season.

Even if Thorne does end up coming, I wouldn't even think too much about him coming in reference to Coutts, his role is more advanced (like Bryson or Hughes' role), while Thorne's role is deeper. Coutts would be more likely to compete with Ward than Thorne.

To be honest I would be disgusted if the club broke the transfer record chasing Thorne. It would send the wrong message to him, the rest of the club, and the direction we're trying to go, and it would be on a limited set from a player many West Brom fans didn't rate before his spell here.

To be honest, I would hope he agreed a ballpark figure when we loaned him with the view that if he really wanted the move, such a deal would be agreed. At this point, if we go chasing into the millions for him, it's pointless. I'd like to have him here and think he could make a career for himself in this side, but silly money would be comical.

The difference with Coutts of course is that we didn't have a small set, we had a whole damn season where many listed him as a candidate for player of the season, and a great buy. I don't think think he'll displace Hughes, Hendrick or Bryson easily, but he certainly will have his role in the coming season.

Even if Thorne does end up coming, I wouldn't even think too much about him coming in reference to Coutts, his role is more advanced (like Bryson or Hughes' role), while Thorne's role is deeper. Coutts would be more likely to compete with Ward than Thorne.

I was thinking about the Thorne loan and weather we may have had a view to a permanent deal in place, but reading Simmo's interview where he said we have basically shot ourselves in the foot with the loan players because they have been brilliant and their clubs want them back, tells me there was no deal unfortunately.

We will see about Coutts, not really thought about him as a central midfielder as we only really saw him out wide.

Archived