SO UNFAIR!

MelSage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

Right... I've had my kebab, ordered through JustEat. It was lovely, and I'm stuffed, and ready to give my opinion.

I don't mind saying that when the final whishlt blew, my actual words at the television were "**** you QPR, you ****ing *****. I hope you get panned in the Prem and go down, then shrivel up, go out of business and die you bunch of *****." Having calmed, I think that I may have been a little unfair.

I used to play FIFA a lot. I was never great at it though. Sometimes you would do well and lose, but had what happened today against Derby, happened against me playing a game of FIFA, the controller would have been thrown, and shattered, the Xbox would have gone out the wondow and I would have deficated into an envelope, posting it 1st class direct to EA headquarters. Perhaps I exaggerate.

We dominated. For 89 minutes our team owned that ball, and Wembley. If that team played every week like that, we'd win 99 times out of 100 in the Championship. But that one minute is what cost us, and it's what would have cost us in the Premier League against the Arsenals, Chelseas, and Liverpools of this world.

You can blame our finishing, you can blame Keogh, you could probably moan about Forsyth if you want, but it's all harsh. On another day, we'd have walked out of there with goals, and lots of them, but it wasn't to be. I want "we woz robbed" to be the last words, but there's much more to it than that.

Despite that hurting feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm sure everyone is feeling, there really weren't that many negatives. The footballing world saw us, and they were impressed. Our passing, our movement, our counters,our pace, they were impressed. We knew we were capable of that, but the neutrals don't watch Derby every week. They were impressed, and we won lots of people over today with our play style. They know QPR got lucky, and so do QPR, Forest, Leicester and every other fan who was against us. But everone saw we were lucky against West Brom some years ago. Karma is now balanced it would seem.

But where do we go now? After the heartbreak, what's to do?  We keep our stars, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Martin, Grant, and we add to it. £120million in a years time, is better than £10million in our pocket now. We move Heaven and Earth to either keep Thorne and Wisdom, or we get like replacements. We have one of the best coaches in the country, and teams will fall over themselves to loan us their top youngsters, hence why we were blessed with Thorne, Wisdom, and Bamford. We coach our younsters into better players, we make one or two additions to improve things, we shift the dead wood, then;

We suck it up, we get back on the horse, and next season we don't win the playoffs, we win the whole god-damned ****ing league.

I've not seen it in a few years, so forgive me if this is off the mark, but I'm comparing our season/defeat to Rocky 1 at this point. We came from nowhere, gave 100% and in the end we should have won.

We'll be the ones smiling when QPR are beaten to death by some bionic russian after a flamboyant entrance to James Brown. You'll see. 

Remember being in stitches when Forest lost to Yeovil and when Leicesters Knockaert missed that last minute penalty and Watford went up the other end and scored so what comes around goes around I guess

The thing to remember is what City did the next season (ie this season).

According to Nigel Pearson, the management team and the back-up team (physios, trainers etc) went away for a few days (to his father-in-law's pub) and sat down work out what went right, what went wrong, and where they needed to improve. The result was 102 points and a fairly comfortable season.

Derby have the potential to do that. Yesterday, I thought Dawkins was crap, but he was the only one of your players who was at all poor. You came up against a goalkeeper playing the match of his life, and some of the second-half tactics - after the sending off particularly - were wrong.

But go for it: hopefully we will still be in the Prem the year after next, and I hope you will be there too.

Great foul to make, perfectly legitimate foul I would except any of our players to do the same. Wouldn't call it cheating.

Eh? Think I know what you mean, still cheating though, that's why the laws of the game stipulate a free kick shall be awarded.

I had a chat with one of your fans before the game. I said I'd rather be well beaten than lose to a late goal. Well as it turned out it was the other way around. If you're reading this Mate then sincere commiserations. It was a great way to win, but must have felt like a shocking way to lose.

I've always liked Derby as a club, back from the days when your pitch was even worse than ours!

Good luck for next season.

I'm not really one to analyse Rams matches, I'm far too emotionally involved to be objective.

The Russell substitution didn't work, but it could have done so I won't hold that against anyone.

The QPR goal and its timing were a sickening blow to us Rams fans but we took it on the chin and conducted ourselves with pride and dignity. The general feeling at the final whistle was one of massive disappointment but appreciation for our most fluent footballing season for years.

I really hope we can pick ourselves up and make the improvements needed to make a more concerted challenge on the championship next season.

Sad day for football when a club 177m in debt trying to buy success are allowed to get there. They will do a Portsmouth.

Yep they will...and we will take our place in the prem. Things will right in the end and it will be all the sweeter for days like yesterday!

Archived