European Elections

Day

European Elections  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno. Still undecided. Main parties have good and not so good points re Europe so I really don't know.

Ppl are scared to come out of Europe, it'd make things more expensive re import & export. So Labour.

Ppl want a referendum on staying in Europe, seeing as though Brown signed us up without asking, so will go Conservative.

Ppl want more controlled immigration, as like it or not, it's beginning to cause problems, so will go Ukip.

I see them getting a strong foothold before todays out.

Almost but not quite. ED's want to adopt a more controlled immigrant numbers set up like Australia do. I reckon they went about it in the right way, using a points based system, one which is sensible and fair. It seems to work for them.

Still haven't voted.

Is there anyone who has? Who've you voted for and why? (If you'd like to share).

And btw, I hope none of you took selfies from inside the booth otherwise you'll be in trouble..

Ffs. Is this what we've become??

I have voted and have voted UKIP in Euro and local elections.

This country needs a big kick up the arris, Along with the 3 tried and failed parties who have become complacent and pretty much do as they please because they know sooner or later they will get another crack of the whip.

I was in two minds - took my daughter for her first vote - she'd been on them bloody quizes on her phone all day.

She said she wasn't listening to anything I said - she was making her own mind up.  I'd already told her that I used to have my mum in the next cubicle, whispering the name of the candidate for me - then asking 'is it a tick or a cross'

Anyway, standing there in the booth - hand hovering over a certain party (not the one I usually vote for) and there was this horrendous clap of thunder - I had to smile - and yes mum - I did.  :p

voted green in locals and eu.

they're pretty awful economy wise but like some of their other policies (environmental, health, transport and education). UKIP are far too right wing and loony in many, many areas. Labour, Conservative and Libdems just don't give a toss about anything at the moment.

Voting UKIP in the EU election is worse than not voting imo. They turn up to Brussels and Strasbourg, grab their euros for the day and piss off without having any debate. You can't leave the EU by voting UKIP in the EU elections anyway so you might as well vote for someone who'll do something in the parliament.

UKIP is gaining council seats across England at the expense of both the Conservatives and Labour.

The anti-EU party is on course to show that last year's breakthrough in town halls was not a one-off.

Labour is struggling to make progress and the Tory vote, which has been hit most by UKIP, is falling back.

The Lib Dems' vote share has been hit hardest but most results in 161 English councils are still to come. Euro election results are due on Sunday.

Some 11 councils in Northern Ireland are also up for grabs.

AT 04:20 BST, Labour has gained 39 seats, the Conservatives had lost 75, UKIP had gained 73 and the Lib Dems had lost 43

Several Tory councils in the south have gone to no overall control following UKIP gains

Most councils will not declare their results until later on Friday

Essex has voted strongly for UKIP - and the party has also increased its share of the vote in the north

But indications are it is faring worse in London

So far turnout is up on average by 1% compared with 2012

You can follow full coverage with all the latest updates at bbc.co.uk/vote2014.

There are election specials on BBC One and on BBC Radio 4 and Radio 5live later.

The surge in support for UKIP has sent shockwaves through the main parties at Westminster, with just a year to go before the next general election.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27531094

What happens to the areas which are now in 'no overall control'?

It was inevitable that Ukip were going to walk this and the main parties have only themselves to blame.

I hear Farage getting slammed because he wants to sell off the NHS, but that's exactly what Cameron is doing now, only he's doing it by stealth.

The main parties have got their work cut out to win voters back, they have 12 months to change their policies because they don't have a choice now.

Archived