1200 extra sold out

WystonRam

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we've sold out twice now. Any news on when and if they sell out!!

I'm going to bet that 10,000 of theirs end up in the hands of touts.

I'm going to bet that 10,000 of theirs end up in the hands of touts.

I think you'll find they never made it to general sale, in the usual sense of the word.  Only people who had bought a QPR home ticket in the past could get the last few, with members and Season Ticket holders buying the first 35000+.

I think you'll find they never made it to general sale, in the usual sense of the word.  Only people who had bought a QPR home ticket in the past could get the last few, with members and Season Ticket holders buying the first 35000+.

Season ticket holders could buy two per season ticket, so a lot of people who would have been general sale got theirs that way..

Anyway our 'General Sale' was the same, you had to have history with the club.

It's not strange that most tout sites I have seen only have QPR seats available.

Your members could buy up to 8 tickets apiece over the various sale phases - it they all went to family and friends, I would be absolutely flabbergasted. Fair play if they have.

We sold 20,000 to season ticket holders (restricted to one per season ticket holder) - then the next 17,000 were to valid customer number holders (sold out in 50 minutes) - maximum of two per member. The extra 1200 tickets were snapped up this morning by members who queued overnight - and the sale was restricted to those who had been unable to buy tickets in the previous sale.

Just look at the tout sites - absolutely full of QPR section tickets. A spot-check reveals 31 different sections in the QPR allocation where you can get scammed buy tickets, and 3 Derby (all of which are the VIP and Club Wembley ones)

Your members could buy up to 8 tickets apiece over the various sale phases - it they all went to family and friends, I would be absolutely flabbergasted. Fair play if they have.

We sold 20,000 to season ticket holders (restricted to one per season ticket holder) - then the next 17,000 were to valid customer number holders (sold out in 50 minutes) - maximum of two per member. The extra 1200 tickets were snapped up this morning by members who queued overnight - and the sale was restricted to those who had been unable to buy tickets in the previous sale.

Just look at the tout sites - absolutely full of QPR section tickets. A spot-check reveals 31 different sections in the QPR allocation where you can get scammed buy tickets, and 3 Derby (all of which are the VIP and Club Wembley ones)

8 tickets, isnt strictly true. 8 tickets per transaction, but you needed to have 4 season ticket holders ref no to get them. Unfortunately, there will always be touts. I am reasonably confident that most of the tickets have gone to people who have bought tickets in the past. There are a fair few fans who got tickets on behalf of those who had neither membership or season ticket (a lot gave up their memberships this year).

For a small club, like ours, it feels quite good that most who wanted a ticket will have got one. When you are a massive club, so many miss out... worse if you get to a Cup Final where the allocation is 25k each. 

Still, I presume those who will be buying tickets from touts are genuine fans who want to see their team... should be a cracking atmosphere with 40K of each side plus how many club wembley the Rs have bought (I get the feeling from this site that not many Derby fans feel it is justified to pay the extra for those seats)

All we need now is for both sides to deliver a really entertaining game with the best team ending up as the winners (which most of us fear will be you :(

Enjoy the day and try not to have too many regrets

Can we stop this "we sold out, you didn't therefore we're bigger than you" ******. It's like two-year-olds in a playground and quite frankly pathetic. Only thing that matters is that Wembley is full, and it's a cracking game.

And Derby win.

That's not true, I currently have 2 QPR tickets off a friend of mine who is a season ticket holder that is his 8th ticket. with 1 season ticket, Him and his sons, my 2 and his other friends had 2 each so he got 8 tickets with one season ticket.

I find that extraordinary. the rules were very clear on teh website as to how tickets could be sold, during the five phases. It confused many of our fans, as there were questions as to whether you could buy 8 with one season ticket. I have no evidence, just going on what the club published. I'll take your word for it. 

Cant undersatnd why you wouldnt go. We are not that awful a bunch... and given that he is your friend too... odd

I bought during the first batch when i thought it was only 1 ticket per customer.

After i got mine i thought i'd try again and i was sold a second ticket.

I've no idea if there was a limit at all.

I kept shtum so that people didn't buy up all the tickets before they went on general sae to ordinary fans.

I was in the queue in post office in Newquay earlier and overheard a bloke behind me saying he is going to Wembley on Saturday, obviously caught my attention, so I turned round and told him I was too. Cut a long story short he's a neutral and just tries to go to different matches (as lots are down here) He wanted to get tickets in the Derby end and wasn't able to but he has managed to get 2 tickets quite easily in the QPR end.

I'm not saying there wont be any neutrals in our end, of course there will, but I do think the QPR end is going be awash with people just going for the day out, not fully passionate fans. I hope I'm wrong as I'm hoping for a full on cracking atmosphere from both ends.

Archived