It's not about the money (money, money)?

Carl Sagan

Hidden away in this Daily Fail article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2631412/Steve-McClaren-hopes-Derbys-young-stars-rise-occasion-Wembley.html

is the line that QPR have a wage bill "topping £78 million" while ours is reported as "£12m". Let's hope money doesn't talk when it comes to the big match. Despite the numbers, I'm convinced if we play at our best and they play at their best, we'll be the ones winning promotion.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a fine line between confidence and being overconfident.

I think we need to respect the opposition they have some class players as you would expect with their money.

However as McClaren says if we perform well 8/10 times we will win. A good performance is all we can ask for.

Harry said this week that there should be an inquest into who bought all those players at Spurs because whoever signed off some of those deals needs their heads checking.

Don't know how he says half of what he says with a straight face.

Harry said this week that there should be an inquest into who bought all those players at Spurs because whoever signed off some of those deals needs their heads checking.

Don't know how he says half of what he says with a straight face.

Hmm, does a 'vets' testimony stand up in court?

78 million a year on anything seems insane. Think of all the positive things you could do with that kind of cash. instead it lines the pockets of footballers... People who PLAY a GAME and get paid for it. It's nice work if you can get it, I guess.

78 million a year on anything seems insane. Think of all the positive things you could do with that kind of cash. instead it lines the pockets of footballers... People who PLAY a GAME and get paid for it. It's nice work if you can get it, I guess.

"WORK" - not quite how I would define it

Do not underestimate them. One off game, anything can happen!

Worryingly, this game is reminding me and more of the play off last year. People just thought Watford would just walk over Palace. They didn't turn up and Palace won.

Anything can happen!

"WORK" - not quite how I would define it

Very true, though I imagine training can get somewhat strenuous. One would also imagine that in order to become a great footballer you must be dedicated and dedication implies you're pretty ******* happy with your job.

Hidden away in this Daily Fail article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2631412/Steve-McClaren-hopes-Derbys-young-stars-rise-occasion-Wembley.html

is the line that QPR have a wage bill "topping £78 million" while ours is reported as "£12m". Let's hope money doesn't talk when it comes to the big match. Despite the numbers, I'm convinced if we play at our best and they play at their best, we'll be the ones winning promotion.

Was £12m. As of right now it might be around £10.5m considering we have let players go. 

Archived