QPR fan in peace -- a little context

flatfoot

I'm not too bothered by the majority of QPR fans, many of whom don't deserve what is going to happen to them eventually.

However, that QPR forum contains the single largest group of arrogant, chavvy Chelsea wannabes I have ever seen. I check every forum of our rivals before and after a match, and some forums are better than others. For example, Brighton had a better than average knowledge of our game and seemed to be very fair on the opposition. Birmingham seemed the most stroppy in the league.

But QPR, bloody hell, that wearetherangersboys website really is something else. Apparently we're not meant to be excited about beating a team 4-1 to reach Wembley, and now we're c*cky, inbred northern c*nts who deserve to need our mouths shut. And by the way, it's totally okay to strut about after beating Wigan narrowly in extra time. They talk exactly like the fans did on the Chelsea forum I looked at before the cup match. They also seem to think that our poor deprived area of third world England doesn't deserve investment, because, you know...those affluent West-London types really could do with Premier League football.

And as for bringing up the Philpott case? I don't think Forest stooped that low on LTLF in the build up the game in March.

Those fans aren't a fair sample of the QPR fan base so it would be harsh to judge the whole club based on them, but I really want to beat them just to shut that forum up. But then again, if we do beat them, it would be because of our cynical tactics and because they failed to turn up.

The other lot on qprdot,org seem like a much better bunch.

I posted in peace on that rangers boys forum. I wish I hadn't now.

I really think that they are stuck in football factory mode and I can imagine they all talk like Danny Dyer. Probably think Jim Davidson is a comedy genius too.... The other forums seem pretty decent though

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• World's most overrated manager
  • A wage bill 4 or 5 times bigger than most other Championship clubs 
  • Spent 10 times more on players than most other Championship clubs this season
  • 90% of your fans were already talking about who to sign in the Prem 10 or 11 games into the season after you went 7/8 games without conceding a goal
  • The majority of your players think they're better than they actually are (Mainly Barton)
  • 'If Austin didn't get injured we'd be challenging for top 2' Ermmmm, no

Just a few reasons I dislike you  :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd respond to a few of your points.

1. Fan base has been split regarding Harry.

2. Wage bill is huge and a concern for all of us.  Some of this is due to players we signed in the prem who are either on loan or never make a start.  Loic Remy and Cesar are examples of the former and SWP the latter.  Additionally the loans we made in December are high wages but at least loan deals.  The signing of old expensive premiership players ahead of youth has been a source of much frustration for many fans.  The wages and debt are a big concern and we would be destitute if the money men left.

3.  We've only really spent on Austin, Simpson and Philips.  Most of the others are loan deals

4. Rubbish - the majority of our fans were worried about doing a Wolves.  As mentioned we came down with a fractured dressing room and under performing big time charllies.  So this season has seen a lot of player leave or get loaned and new players coming in.  The worry was that with the squad that came down that we'd keep falling.  The media promotes the idea that we were expected to bounce back at the first attempt but this is not what most fans felt.  Additionally the football has been of poor quality for most of the season and results were often 1 nil (Austin the scorer) and a very solid back line.  No one was fooled into believing we were world beaters and our reliance on Austin was obvious.  Hats of to Burnley and Leicester they deserved the top two spots.

5.  I accept your point on Barton.  The fan base was very split about welcoming him back.  This season his performances have been very solid and he's won over a lot of doubters.  Whilst we've not seen the red mist this season you do worry.  

6.  Who knows what would have happened if Austin hadn't been injured.  Certainly our poor form coincided with loosing Austin, Simpson and Philips.  Also this is when some of our loans like Morrison and Yossi joined.

Speaking to other Rs most of us are of the opinion you are a very strong team and rightly favourites.  However if our star players get their act together we can make a game out of it.  If not it could be ugly for us.  We will need to keep it tight and look for moments of magic, whilst you have a more complete team.

Oh and for more normal debate try

Loftforwords or QPRDot.Org. Wearetherangersboys is avoided by most of our sane minded support.

I've noticed! See you on the first two sites! :)

I'm not too bothered by the majority of QPR fans, many of whom don't deserve what is going to happen to them eventually.

However, that QPR forum contains the single largest group of arrogant, chavvy Chelsea wannabes I have ever seen. I check every forum of our rivals before and after a match, and some forums are better than others. For example, Brighton had a better than average knowledge of our game and seemed to be very fair on the opposition. Birmingham seemed the most stroppy in the league.

But QPR, bloody hell, that wearetherangersboys website really is something else. Apparently we're not meant to be excited about beating a team 4-1 to reach Wembley, and now we're c*cky, inbred northern c*nts who deserve to need our mouths shut. And by the way, it's totally okay to strut about after beating Wigan narrowly in extra time. They talk exactly like the fans did on the Chelsea forum I looked at before the cup match. They also seem to think that our poor deprived area of third world England doesn't deserve investment, because, you know...those affluent West-London types really could do with Premier League football.

And as for bringing up the Philpott case? I don't think Forest stooped that low on LTLF in the build up the game in March.

Those fans aren't a fair sample of the QPR fan base so it would be harsh to judge the whole club based on them, but I really want to beat them just to shut that forum up. But then again, if we do beat them, it would be because of our cynical tactics and because they failed to turn up.

The other lot on qprdot,org seem like a much better bunch.

Another QPR fan here . 

WATRB is an embarassment for us (Known as Fantasy Island by Rangers fans)   . Try Loft for Words , brilliant writing by the guy that runs the site (have a look at Mondays match report) and a crossection of ages and opinions .

Loads of us have been on there for years so we get some good threads going . 

Oh and for more normal debate try

Loftforwords or QPRDot.Org.   Wearetherangersboys is avoided by most of our sane minded support.

To be fare, it's Rams84 that's winding things up at the We are ranger boys thingy forum.

To be fare, it's Rams84 that's winding things up at the We are ranger boys thingy forum.

I noticed that. Hopefully he doesn't post on here.

3.  We've only really spent on Austin, Simpson and Philips.  Most of the others are loan deals

The fees for those 3 combined is close to 10 million still  :lol: We sold arguably our best player from last season for somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million and used the funds from that to bring in a couple of players and then had to make do with loans/frees if we wanted more. I imagine a lot of Derby fans including myself are annoyed at the fact we are doing everything we can to abide by FFP rules and then we see QPR/Forest and a few others spending huge amounts without receiving a large punishment  :angry:

The fees for those 3 combined is close to 10 million still  :lol: We sold arguably our best player from last season for somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million and used the funds from that to bring in a couple of players and then had to make do with loans/frees if we wanted more. I imagine a lot of Derby fans including myself are annoyed at the fact we are doing everything we can to abide by FFP rules and then we see QPR/Forest and a few others spending huge amounts without receiving a large punishment  :angry:

You won't be saying that if you get promoted then relegated.  There's no way to comply in that situation.  Pretty much all clubs coming down in that situation will have problems to some extent.  No Rangers fan will argue that we were insane with the spending in the premiership - most of it panicked buying and then the Hughes effect.  Most Rs fans are excited by the investment in our academy structure and training facilities as traditionally we've been a club who developed players and sold them on for a profit.  In the last 10 plus years that was abandoned as we struggled in and out of admin followed by some interesting owners!

You won't find many QPR fans that disagree with you about the wages we are spending on players. It has got better, and it will get better. I will say that your view may change when you make it up to the Premier League - if it isn't this season then I am sure it will be the following season. It is a horrible world up there and it takes a very brave chairman to stand up against the kind of money players are asking for.

Just ask Norwich. They have spent a lot of time being holier than thou, and yet they spent £26m last season and still believe they needed to spend more to stay up...

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree. 

It is another world up there, it becomes more of a blood sport and money game. In fairness, I have never been in a hurry to get promoted but I wouldn't mind the windfall payments. 

I think we've got the right balance in the team at the minute, playing great football. Promotion is more likely to **** that up than staying down. 

I just hope we get it right without dismantling too much. Last time in the Premier League for us was a laugh more than a season of competitive football - or at least that's what it seemed.

Back in the day i didn't mind QPR and their plastic pitch to the point I purchased their Subbuteo team. After reading this thread im going straight in the loft when i get home, lay them out on the floor in my bedroom and get my mum to come over to step on them!!!

FFP is a real frustration. It is designed to ensure that the big clubs do not get knocked off their perch by any upstarts. As a writer on football finance, I have been told - and tend to agree - that it is a 'peace treaty' designed to stop the big European clubs stepping away from Uefa and setting up their own super league.

The big clubs are constantly threatening to break away - the last two times they got Uefa to agree to the Champions League, and then to the league system in the same competition.

You can imagine how annoying it is to the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid and Barcelona, for example, when the likes of Man City, Paris St-Germain or Monaco try to compete without being one of the big clubs.

What surprises me is how the rest of football has bought it. It is anti-competitive and guarantees that the riches coming into football stay in the pockets of a few. Why shouldn't an owner of a club be able to spend as much money as he likes. It is his money, and he is going to lose it if he doesn't spend it wisely. But that should be his choice.

What gives the l;ikes of Man Utd the right to say, "you're buying all the big players, that's not fair because you don't have 25,000 tourists coming to your ground for every game and half a billion Asian football fans buying your shirt".

Thankfully, legally FFP is all over the shop and thanks to its anti-competitive nature the first time the football authorities impose it to ban someone for competing at the level they have won the right to compete at (be it promotion, or entering a competition in Europe) the EU will shut it down through the courts.

1. Fan base has been split regarding Harry.

LOL - you haven't got one

QPR doesn't bother me, they were an OK club until they became a rich mans toy.  Feel sorry for teh genuine fans, not the plastic 2nd hand Chelsea ones.

Once thing I have always been curious about is your ownership structure. How have you got on with the Americans? Does it concern you at all that the lead quote from your chairman when he bought the club a few years back was:

""The turnaround in the fortunes of Aston Villa, with their American investment in squad and club infrastructure, is a key model we would like to emulate."

Once thing I have always been curious about is your ownership structure. How have you got on with the Americans? Does it concern you at all that the lead quote from your chairman when he bought the club a few years back was:

""The turnaround in the fortunes of Aston Villa, with their American investment in squad and club infrastructure, is a key model we would like to emulate."

Like all good business men, that model was altered when it was apparent that it no longer was working.

We are owned by a Canadian, several Americans, Hong Kong and another that I cannot recall.  We get on just fine, they keep out of the way and no single individual can decide to sell up and bugger off.

Plastic ones don't count, just like the glory hunters don't count.  I fully expect you to not sell your allocation to genuine QPR fans.

Well, I applaud the plastics who travelled all the way to Cardiff to fill out our allocation there when we were in League One. I think you find that when it comes to plastic fans in London - there aren't many people knocking down our door looking for glory...it tends to be Fulham, Chelsea and Arsenal they run to...

...and Fulham (who have a core support of about 5,000) are about to get a very rude awakening next season...

In terms of spending, we just don't do it - not properly. We're streets away from QPR.

The owners are sensible and the onus is running the club in the correct manner. It can be frustrating, but as proven, a freebie from Norwich can prove to be worth his weight in gold, and he isn't a small lad :D   

Archived