Best & Quickest way in and out of Wembley

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate is paying for a 8 seater for his group, he recons he'll be back home for a drink in his local in belper for 8.30

Feckin lol! In his dreams.

If we win, you'll want to see them lift the trophy, then they hold you back to let the losers out. Them the traffic is gridlocked.

If he's back before 10 I'll bear my arse.

Went on the train last time, hectic but it's to be expected. 

I drove down for last years FA cup final and this years Charity Shield, parked in a church carpark for £20 about 10 minutes away, straight out onto the road out of Wembley, avoiding all the road closures. If I ever drive again I'll go there. 

Just booked train tickets for this one. Roll on the 24th!

I'm driving down to Watford Junction station, parking there for about a £5 all day, then getting the train direct to Wembley Central in under half a hour, station's 5 mins from the stadium. Train was about £6 return with a Oyster card or about £11 return without one. Then it's straight off onto the M1 for a quick and easy exit.

Prices might have changed slightly, did this last for the Olympic football at Wembley. 

If your driving, don't drive to Wembley.  Drive to Jct 4 of the M1.

Stanmore is 5 mins from the M1 and only 3 stops from Wembley.

At the end of the game everyone else wil be queueing for the train back into London, while you get on an empty one.

Then you'll be driving home on the m1 whilst everyone is still queuing to get out of wembley

Can't remember last time we went but whats the quickest option to get out of Wembley?

Drive? Tube? Walk? Cycle? Fly?

On Cloud Nine

Drive to Bushey British Rail Train Station -- a little further on than Watford but less traffic and cheaper and quicker to park up. It has street parking (in a nice area) right by the station.

Come off M1 at J5, 3 miles to  Bushey   ( Total time 2hours at leisurely speed )

Then train straight into Wembley Central(18minutes) .....followed by a 5 minute walk to ground

Best bit is after game, no matter how long you stay in, just walk pass all queues for tubes etc, and walk that bit extra to Wembley Central

As I put on a thread elsewhere, trying to get on the tube at Wembley  to  connect to British rail north bound was a nightnare last year. An hour's wait to get in the tube station at Wembley. Announcements told us to use the British rail station at Wembley, not the tube but that was a nightmare too. If you can preboook a parking space at Wembley - http://carparknear.co.uk/Wembley.html that seems ideal. Just need to leave in plenty of time to avoid traffic jams going down.

Archived