Play-off Final: Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

CumbrianRam

For the forum that is touted as the one which talks sense, Loft for Words has a laughable thread about us attempting to wind up Barton 'again'.

They've even got the clip of Martin doing Barton. But not a single mention of Hill leading with his elbow on Bucko, Or The block on Eustace or Assou-Ekotto man handling Bamford all in the same clip. 

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the forum that is touted as the one which talks sense, Loft for Words has a laughable thread about us attempting to wind up Barton 'again'.

Points of view. Everyone knows he is an easy player to get wound up and sent off (or has that escaped your notice). Our bias comes from believing that he is targeted by players from the oppo... and not just yours.

I make no claims for LoftForWords, except:

• It is the best of the bunch of QPR forums
  • it has far fewer idiots than the likes of WATRB
  • We hate Chelsum
  • generally, though not exclusively, most posters on there are fair minded fans of football  - which is why there is some trepidation about playing an exciting attacking, in-form side like you
  • most are gracious in defeat and try to be magnanimous in victory (unless it is Chelscum)
  • We hate John Terry
  • It has, in my opinion, one of the brightest and most talented young football journos... Clive Whittingham
  • Every forum has its undesirables... you should choose which speak sense and which dont.
  • It is a football forum and irrelevant as a result
  • lastly, we hate Chelscum and John Terry with equal fervour 

Hope that is ok by you. 

I know nothing about football so choose to follow a nothing football team. I like talking to fans of proper football clubs as long as it is 

1. enlightening to me
  2. they are not Chelscum
  3. amusing banter
  4. they dont have John Terry as a role model
  5. do not object too strongly to me posting on their boards

Brighton were tighter defensively than QPR - we won 4-1.

We've conceded less goals than them under McClaren and scored a hell of a lot more.

QPR's experience counts for **** all - if it did, they wouldn't be playing in the Championship. Experience is the biggest 'myth' in football.

It's a one off game, but we're incredibly consistent. They know full well who the better team is, let them work themselves into a panic that an underpaid squad of talented individuals is better than an overpaid squad of used to be talented individuals.

If 'Arry didn't keep his scout reports from 5-years ago, they may be better equiped.

Agree to a certain extent.

For example if we went up then I wouldn't agree if somebody said we needed experienced players to stay up. Experience just means you've done something before. Doesn't mean you were good at it.

Like having experienced Championship players. You don't need that to get promoted. If they've got a lot of experience at this level then it means this is their level!!

But for a one off game?

Obviously if you've played in big games and I haven't. If you have had all the cameras, the hype, the interviews, phone calls, played infront of massive crowds, played under pressure where winning or losing will change the entire club... then you'll find it all less of a distraction. You'll find it easier to settle the nerves and play the actual match.

Me? I might want to make sure I don't let anyone down. I know how much is riding on the big games and I can't ignore it. I play safe, I take extra care and make safe decisions rather than the right decision. I panic under pressure.

A lot of these QPR lads have played under the spotlight. They know pressure.

Ok so I might have exaggerated my point but for the big games that may define a season then it's easier for the players used to this pressure to play naturally.

But over a season I agree with you. Experience is way overrated. Why does Will Hughes, a class Championship player, need to have had 200 games under his belt to play Bournemouth? If he's played a few times at this level then it's become his regular environment. Doing it another 200 times won't make it any easier!

Anybody read the evening telegraph today? It's supposed to be an article of Grant facing his old team mate Charlie Austin but instead has a picture of Ashley Barnes from when he played for Brighton. Clowns

Haha!

Barton has always been very appraisive of his coaching style. A possible target if we go up ;)

For all of his detractors, and the assumed disruption of dressing rooms, he has won many R's fans around this year (particularly given the comments he made while away at Marseilles). While he loves the limelight, he does seem to have the ability to also galvanise the team around him. You could do worse.

I have a sneaking feeling though, he would prefer to stay down in London. He is doing up a place in one of London's more pleasant suburbs and he is a father too. I would like to think he stays with us, does his coaching badges and moves further up the hierachy

Before you ask... my sanity is questioned from time to time... I support QPr after all

For all of his detractors, and the assumed disruption of dressing rooms, he has won many R's fans around this year (particularly given the comments he made while away at Marseilles). While he loves the limelight, he does seem to have the ability to also galvanise the team around him. You could do worse.

I have a sneaking feeling though, he would prefer to stay down in London. He is doing up a place in one of London's more pleasant suburbs and he is a father too. I would like to think he stays with us, does his coaching badges and moves further up the hierachy

Before you ask... my sanity is questioned from time to time... I support QPr after all

I'd like him here - good player, although I feel his wages would be too dear for us, even with promotion

hello all

After reading on here the last couple of days (after starting out reading the wearerangersboys  website, dear jesus but some website) i thought id throw up a post myself. First time posting on here btw or any football forum for that matter. defo was never going to post on that other one and you lot seem to be a fair minded crowd too.

Well, firstly, congrats to derby on a terrific season. You have a great club, solid enough manager and i think the foundations are there now for your club to push on, whatever happens on saturday, id fully expect to see derby county in the prem league in the near future.

Must admit, im not at all a derby or QPR fan (Would prefer Derby though :) ) and although the derby fans seem to be an extremely decent group of lads and ladies from what ive been reading on here, I hope to god you don't get promoted on saturday. sorry but i have a season outright accum done since the start of the season, 12 teams, 11 have come off, just waiting on QPR to get promoted now and it's worth Euro 25000..  

I think it's an awfully tough game to call, i want to convince myself it'll be QPR but who knows? Derby have been a class act in fairness to them.

i have this niggly feeling all week that Barton is going to be the difference in this game and turn it in QPR's favour, lot of talk about morrison, krancjar etc but Barton could be the difference  i feel or maybe hoilett with his pace. Ive watched that lad this season and he has looked dangerous enough.

Depends of course what team selection harry goes with, especially the back. Have read alright he may try to accommodate clint hill but as long as he doesn't go with that has been kevin doyle (im irish btw) then that will be a start that guy is well past it at this stage.

I have never watched the championship more in a season than i have this and again i must say QPR fooled me big time, i thought they'd walk it with that squad but in all honesty, it's been a bit of a disaster picking them, so far anyway.  

Either way, great for me if QPR go up (hopefully) but will feel slightly gutted for you lot on here, if it goes the other way then **** happens and all the best to yee in prem next season...

Slan abhaile folks

I'd like him here - good player, although I feel his wages would be too dear for us, even with promotion

No way.

As the chant said...."you're just a shiit robbie savage".

hello all

After reading on here the last couple of days (after starting out reading the wearerangersboys  website, dear jesus but some website) i thought id throw up a post myself. First time posting on here btw or any football forum for that matter. defo was never going to post on that other one and you lot seem to be a fair minded crowd too.

Well, firstly, congrats to derby on a terrific season. You have a great club, solid enough manager and i think the foundations are there now for your club to push on, whatever happens on saturday, id fully expect to see derby county in the prem league in the near future.

Must admit, im not at all a derby or QPR fan (Would prefer Derby though :) ) and although the derby fans seem to be an extremely decent group of lads and ladies from what ive been reading on here, I hope to god you don't get promoted on saturday. sorry but i have a season outright accum done since the start of the season, 12 teams, 11 have come off, just waiting on QPR to get promoted now and it's worth Euro 25000..  

I think it's an awfully tough game to call, i want to convince myself it'll be QPR but who knows? Derby have been a class act in fairness to them.

i have this niggly feeling all week that Barton is going to be the difference in this game and turn it in QPR's favour, lot of talk about morrison, krancjar etc but Barton could be the difference  i feel or maybe hoilett with his pace. Ive watched that lad this season and he has looked dangerous enough.

Depends of course what team selection harry goes with, especially the back. Have read alright he may try to accommodate clint hill but as long as he doesn't go with that has been kevin doyle (im irish btw) then that will be a start that guy is well past it at this stage.

I have never watched the championship more in a season than i have this and again i must say QPR fooled me big time, i thought they'd walk it with that squad but in all honesty, it's been a bit of a disaster picking them, so far anyway.  

Either way, great for me if QPR go up (hopefully) but will feel slightly gutted for you lot on here, if it goes the other way then **** happens and all the best to yee in prem next season...

Slan abhaile folks

Hope your fookin bet goes down the pan fella.....arriverderci ciao 

Hope your fookin bet goes down the pan fella.....arriverderci ciao 

hahaha not a bother, i understand where your coming from :D it's been close a few times already to it this season. Motherwell in spl w/o celtic, man city, dundee fc spl championship a few more had me biting the nails. Somehow manages to hang on though but one final push on saturday

hahaha not a bother, i understand where your coming from :D it's been close a few times already to it this season. Motherwell in spl w/o celtic, man city, dundee fc spl championship a few more had me biting the nails. Somehow manages to hang on though but one final push on saturday

I'd lay it off if I were you :p

Joey Barton, a good signing if we're promoted? I've seen it all.

Unless you're a fan of sideways passing of course. He is no different to Savage.

Not being funny but if you've watched Barton's career you'd see that you're far from the truth. You don't go to clubs such as Newcastle and Marseille and succeed if you pass "sideways". In his own right he shouldn't be playing in this division, but that's how it's worked out for him.

Archived