Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit like Bamford and can play on the wing as well I believe. However, he started less than 10 games last season for Crewe so not sure if he had injury problems or just wasn't good enough to make Crewe's first team  :wacko:

Suffered a Malleolar fracture on Nov 20, 2013, was fit again on May 1, 2014, missed 29 games.

Someone mentioned DeAndre Yedlin. Great player, really shines for Seattle at right back, homegrown player for them. They are top of the Western Conference at the moment though...

Yeah, I did, but I think a player like that would like to come over to England, take part in a promotion push and then BPL potentially next season?

Yeah, I did, but I think a player like that would like to come over to England, take part in a promotion push and then BPL potentially next season?

My worry would be that MLS is probably about Championship level, would he really improve us?

As I said he is a homegrown player (which in MLS terms means he is from Seattle) so would probably want to at least see the season out (they are pretty much in the middle of the season), especially as they are challenging for play-offs again, they lost in the semi-final last season. 

My worry would be that MLS is probably about Championship level, would he really improve us?

As I said he is a homegrown player (which in MLS terms means he is from Seattle) so would probably want to at least see the season out (they are pretty much in the middle of the season), especially as they are challenging for play-offs again, they lost in the semi-final last season.

Considering we don't actually have a right back I think he'd definitely improve us! He's quick and can whip in a neat cross. Plus he's young so will definitely improve! A permanent fee may be a little expensive but worthwhile!

MLS isn't as good as the Championship... especially defensively.

Depends who you watch. Seattle aren't great defensively, especially this season - (23 conceded in 16 in MLS) 5-0 loss to New England was appalling. They have a friendly against Spurs in August in Seattle, will be worth a watch to see how they compare.

(If you hadn't guessed, I follow Sounders quite closely, watch a fair few of the games when I can.)

Archived