I Love Derby

uttoxram75

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won at Doncaster the other week on Sky

Not at our best though. That's what I meant. We are class 6 times in 10. But Sky rarely catch us at our most awesome.

Even QPR wasn't us at our best. I want everyone to see our luxury games!!

I know Steve had a pop because we conceded two yesterday ,but if that game had have been shown completely it would have put a marker down as the team to fear in the play offs .

As some put it  on another site we went from fizzy pop to champagne and back again at will ,I think they did just enough yesterday and could turn it on at will .

We may have took it for granted but we have coasted into the play offs without a wobble ,when 6th position nobody appears to want it.We have dealt with the pressure superbly for an inexperienced side compared with the other contenders.

The play offs could be Derby against all last years relegated Prem sides,  but if we turn up on the day they are fooked.

Does anyone ever watch extended highlights or the full 90? When you watch us back we're often even more in control than you think the first time around.

I don't know how anyone can expect any more. They've given it a great go. We lost some big home games at the start and we flopped a bit when we had Millwall and Bolton at home. That's the only places you can point the finger because other than that we've done everything we can. We're not the best and most expensively assembled team. We're well managed and have a set in stone system and style.

If we stay down I think we can still be massively pleased with what we produced

I'd say that at present we are the best team in the division - if we played Leicesteror Burnley now I reckon that we'd win. The introduction of Thorne has given us that extra 5%. Maybe a shame that it's just too late - but still pretty handy with the pay-offs just around the corner.

I'd say that at present we are the best team in the division - if we played Leicesteror Burnley now I reckon that we'd win. The introduction of Thorne has given us that extra 5%. Maybe a shame that it's just too late - but still pretty handy with the pay-offs just around the corner.

I think that we weren't the best side with the best players at the start though. Wigan and QPR have some quality and experience. Bolton were quite highly rated. Some good players and some good results last season. Just nothing expected of Derby. Powderpuff midfield. Sammon wasn't good, Brayford sold. Keogh a step down from Shackell. Forsyth a bog standard winger. Eustace an experienced player who belongs at this level and no higher. Bit of excitement around Russell and a prayer that it clicked.

So for all that to look how it looks now! Wow. What a great spirit and system they've found! All really breaking new ground for themselves and lifted our belief.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived