Most average Rams Player

sage

In my time, I would say the most average player I can remember is possibly Ian Taylor - he did a job, even scored 11 in his first season at the club. Although, I think most of them were penalties. 

I would have been 12 at the time, so please forgive me if he was in fact a brilliant player. 

I could also throw in Adam Bolder, who in fairness, was the epitome of do a job. 

I agree with Adam Bolder, he was never really poor but he wasn't a fantastic player for us

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rod thomas

I second Rod Thomas. He came here as a big name international, yet he failed to impress. The best you could say about him was he was OK. A chap who used to stand near me used to call him "Legs eleven." Sometimes he was surprisingly clumsy. Compared to Buckley and Langan he was quite poor. It was very strange when he turned up at Derby again a few years ago.

I agree with Adam Bolder, he was never really poor but he wasn't a fantastic player for us

I have a soft spot for Adam Bolder because he absolutely crippled Chris Morgan in a 50:50 at Bramall Lane.

In my time, I would say the most average player I can remember is possibly Ian Taylor - he did a job, even scored 11 in his first season at the club. Although, I think most of them were penalties. 

I would have been 12 at the time, so please forgive me if he was in fact a brilliant player. 

I could also throw in Adam Bolder, who in fairness, was the epitome of do a job. 

Ian Taylor was really good for us. He was about 87 years old when he signed for us. Scored one of my favourite ever goals at PP, 30 yard volley against Watford

Ian Taylor was really good for us. He was about 87 years old when he signed for us. Scored one of my favourite ever goals at PP, 30 yard volley against Watford

Slight disservice there, he did score like 12 goals from midfield one year. But yes, that goal was incredible. Where's b4 with some footage?

Archived