Why is Simmo saying Donny and Tykes are tough games

Curtains

I think Football is sometimes a mind game played out like a game of chess. Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson and Jose used and use mind games.

Make the opposition fear you before the kick off and don't give them a hint you might be concerned in the press or on the Radio and in the media etc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever, ever heard Mourinho say anything dissimilar to this? He's the best in the world at it.

Nothing good whatsoever can come against saying we'll smash someone. Seems you are making something out of absolutely nothing.

No not at all.

Jose is by far the best at mind games after Brian Clough and Fergy.

All I'm saying is I don't want us to go in to games against lower teams worried about them.

Complacency is not an issue at this stage of the season the players know what they have to do.

I think Football is sometimes a mind game played out like a game of chess. Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson and Jose used and use mind games.

Make the opposition fear you before the kick off and don't give them a hint you might be concerned in the press or on the Radio and in the media etc

Alternatively, keep your cards close to your chest ;)

Alternatively, keep your cards close to your chest ;)

Im not having a go at Simmo I just think we need at this stage of the season when playoffs are guaranteed to stay focused and keep it in the camp.

Don't give the opposition a whiff of anything.

Why do we need the comparison at all? Shall we drag up and analyse Jim Smith's pre-match comments as well just to be "fair"?

If you like Jim Smith was ace at mind games.

Jim Smith pre Crystal Palace was fantastic when we beat um to secure promotion at the old Baseball Ground.

Jim Smith is a Rams legend.

What is churned out to the media and what is said in the team meetings will be entirely different. I suspect that Doncaster Rovers and Barnsley won't be invited to the team meetings.

I agree but they can read the internet and look at the media etc.

Didn't Crystal Palace allegedly get Cardiff's team sheet before they played recently.

No not at all.

Jose is by far the best at mind games after Brian Clough and Fergy.

All I'm saying is I don't want us to go in to games against lower teams worried about them.

Complacency is not an issue at this stage of the season the players know what they have to do.

Equally, don't go into the games having spouted off in the press about how these "lower teams" aren't even a blip on our radar.

I think McClaren made that mistake against Millwall (by playing all three of Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes) and that didn't end well.

Im not having a go at Simmo I just think we need at this stage of the season when playoffs are guaranteed to stay focused and keep it in the camp.

Don't give the opposition a whiff of anything.

As I've said, I don't for a minute believe that what they say to the press is the same as what they say to the players. By remaining fairly respectful and neutral in the press, they aren't giving the opposition a whiff of anything.

Equally, don't go into the games having spouted off in the press about how these "lower teams" aren't even a blip on our radar.

I think McClaren made that mistake against Millwall (by playing all three of Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes) and that didn't end well.

As I've said, I don't for a minute believe that what they say to the press is the same as what they say to the players. By remaining fairly respectful and neutral in the press, they aren't giving the opposition a whiff of anything.

You can't just pick out one game what happened at Leicester and Burnley and Brum and Boro and Huddersfield away they didn't turn out well did they.

PS. Millwall also beat Wigan 1-0 away after they beat us.

You can't just pick out one game what happened at Leicester and Burnley and Brum and Boro and Huddersfield away they didn't turn out well did they.

PS. Millwall also beat Wigan 1-0 away after they beat us.

It was just an example.

Do you honestly believe anything you read/hear from managers in the press? Do you not realise it's just fluff so papers can fill their week's with stories? If you want a real insight into the mentality of the squad, hang around the training ground in the week leading up to the game, cos that's the only way you'll know.

Absolute mountain out of a molehill.

It was just an example.

Do you honestly believe anything you read/hear from managers in the press? Do you not realise it's just fluff so papers can fill their week's with stories? If you want a real insight into the mentality of the squad, hang around the training ground in the week leading up to the game, cos that's the only way you'll know.

Absolute mountain out of a molehill.

Ok your right I'm wrong.

But I still maintain mind games play a big part in football ask Steve McClaren.

He's the one I listen too

Curtains mate, to me this is a non issue. No manager or assistant ever says " this game or that game will be easy"!

Simmo is just simply stating that both Donny and Barnsley will be up for a scrap to avoid relegation. He isnt saying we are scared..but he is warning v complacency. I think its only you that is worried about what he has said.

Curtains mate, to me this is a non issue. No manager or assistant ever says " this game or that game will be easy"!

Simmo is just simply stating that both Donny and Barnsley will be up for a scrap to avoid relegation. He isnt saying we are scared..but he is warning v complacency. I think its only you that is worried about what he has said.[/quote

Fair enough I'm dropping the subject now after all I like Simmo and I suppose what your saying is correct.

I just want us to stay positive for the play offs that's all.

Up the Rams.

Rams4Life.

Im no PHD but I'm nowhere near daft enough to start a thread on such a moronic subject.

Fergie is an egotistical gob-sh1te but he was never disrespectful enough to say an upcoming game was going to be easy. Nobody ever says it because they know the majority of the time your doing the oppositions team talk for them and it can blow up in your face... FFS a 12 year old would no this but you're using it to pick holes in our management cus you still think we'd be better of with Nigel in charge...

Archived