Why have we sold more season tickets this time than the last 5 years.

Curtains

Just league games, and yes it does include the Forest game.

Incidentally, Forest's average home attendance so far this season is 22,984

Their lowest attendance so far was on Tuesday against Charlton, with just 17,951 people bothering to turn up.

Thanks I assume your looking at this table.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20087,00.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

I've quoted it a lot but I'm not sure if i trust it, depends if it was figured out using MEAN, MEDIAN or MODE - although I've totally forgotten which is which.

I think it's accurate myself I would imagine its mean average.

Brighton have fantastic support as do Leeds

Interesting that we averaged over 29k in 2008/2009

Does this include televised FA Cup 32k against Chelsea and televised Forest game sell out 33k

attendance stats for Football League. http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20087,00.html

Why bring the Forest attendance into it? You are comparing one season to another, and we play Forest at home every season - and it's a sell-out every time.

I think it's accurate myself I would imagine its mean average.

Brighton have fantastic support as do Leeds

Interesting that we averaged over 29k in 2008/2009

We were going to bounce straight back up, weren't we? Only the rest of the league thought differently.

Why bring the Forest attendance into it? You are comparing one season to another, and we play Forest at home every season - and it's a sell-out every time.

No I was checking if it was included in the average and then I found this

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20087,00.html

But Eddie the proof about increased attendances is in post 35 on this thread.

The only bouncing that season was o Paul in a secluded hotel... Or so some bird told me...

I think the bouncing was about 5 years before that.

You mean people weren't watching the videos?

I wasn't (shudder).

The story 'broke' in the Sun (or some other worthless bog roll) when he was at Derby, but he was manager at Wigan at the time of the indiscretion (I believe that some of the porking was on the bonnet of one of Dave Whelan's cars?)

Our general attendance hasn't really increased a great deal, has it? Still struggling for 24k most games

I don't have any facts to back this up, just a feeling, but I think the number of away fans at the iPro this season is significantly down. That will affect the overall gate.

We had 30,000 odd of our fans at the iPro last week - and only 24000 of our fans there this week.

Now I appreciate that Muespach, his great bunch of Alpine Froggy cowbell-obsessed characters and many more of our long distance fans will only get over on the very special occasions, but there must be 4 or 5000 'locals' who made the effort for Forest but couldn't be arsed for Charlton.

Get behind this team - they are worth it.

I don't have any facts to back this up, just a feeling, but I think the number of away fans at the iPro this season is significantly down. That will affect the overall gate.

Just checked on Fl72 and I was right. We're seeing around 200 or less away fans this season on average. Not massive numbers I guess, but enough to make a difference.

Interestingly, Yeovil have averaged over 200 more away fans at their place more than us this season.

We had 30,000 odd of our fans at the iPro last week - and only 24000 of our fans there this week.

Yes i thinking that......and tbh it didn't even look like 24,000

Huge gaps in the east stand for example.

Yet when we get to wembley, whats the betting that i've got no chance of getting a ticket.

Yes i thinking that......and tbh it didn't even look like 24,000

Huge gaps in the east stand for example.

Yet when we get to wembley, whats the betting that i've got no chance of getting a ticket.

Why should you not get one? The club will, I'm sure, be able to put in a priority scheme where if you have been to a certain number of games, then you should be able to have some degree of priority in order to buy a Wembley ticket.

Members and season ticket holders should get first dibs, but that's how it should be. Those who just turn up when we played Forest and Chelski (with the exception of our long distance and overseas fans) can just feck right off. 

Why should you not get one? The club will, I'm sure, be able to put in a priority scheme where if you have been to a certain number of games, then you should be able to have some degree of priority in order to buy a Wembley ticket.

Members and season ticket holders should get first dibs, but that's how it should be. Those who just turn up when we played Forest and Chelski (with the exception of our long distance and overseas fans) can just feck right off.

Some of us can't afford all games. I'm saving cash now just in case we are at Wembley.

Would love to go to every game like I used to. But pounds shilling and pence rule me out for a few games a time. Went today though

Some of us can't afford all games. I'm saving cash now just in case we are at Wembley.

Would love to go to every game like I used to. But pounds shilling and pence rule me out for a few games a time. Went today though

I'm not talking about those who get to some games - I'm talking to those who got to Forest and Chelsea, but couldn't make it to some of the less 'attractive' games - some of which were just a tenner a pop.

I couldnt get one last time.

Till my boss did me a favour and sold me his.

He went in the almost empty debenture holders seats where there was no atmosphere.

Poor bloke.

I think he regretted selling his.

Archived