2014 Budget

Curtains

I do have symphony for people struggling on low wages and people who are out of work etc

It's horrible.

But they have done a load for child care in this budget as well.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/budget-2014-childcare-tax-break-worth-up-to-2000-unveiled-by-government-9198810.html

I suppose society can never be totally fair in a capitalist state but I'd rather have it than communism .

Would that be fanfare for the common man curtains?  :p

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cash ISA increase to 15 grand every tax year and the free movement from share ISAs to cash ISAs and pension flexibility when you retire are all also very good moves indeed by this government

Soz curtains but most people don't earn enough to save 15k a year. Pension flexibilty is great if you can afford to pay into one in the first place. Everything's upside down mate. Even the 10k earnings before you pay tax is bollux if you have to pay higher VAT on everything or more for your prescriptions, health care, care homes.....We could pay slightly higher tax and less for our Gas, Electricity and Water if it were run by the government for the benefit of the UK and not the stock market.

Soz curtains but most people don't earn enough to save 15k a year. Pension flexibilty is great if you can afford to pay into one in the first place. Everything's upside down mate. Even the 10k earnings before you pay tax is bollux if you have to pay higher VAT on everything or more for your prescriptions, health care, care homes.....We could pay slightly higher tax and less for our Gas, Electricity and Water if it were run by the government for the benefit of the UK and not the stock market.

different philosophy .

Savers will benefit with the 15k per annum cash ISA and also being able to transfer from shares ISAs to cash ISAs

ie no TAX

Starting Tax Threshold on earnings to 10500 from 6800 is brilliant.

ie not TAX on first 10500 earnings

Saved 800 pounds per annum for tax payers plus when wages start to go up this year for people it's win win.

Getting at your pension without having to buy low interest poor annuities and 20 percent tax rather than 55 percent tax on the lump sum brilliant

I could go on and on

Different philosophy I'm sure. Derby County footballers and Wayne Rooney will benefit lol

When does the tax threshold change to £10'500? Isn't that in 2015?

Yes but it moves from 9500 to 10k this April at start of TAX year.

It's moved up year on year thanks to the Liberal party mainly during the coalitions period in office.

Archived