Rory Delap on Soccer AM

TigerTedd

Didn't catch anything but taking penalties near the end, but his two sons took penalties. It's interesting to note that they both play for Derby. So he could have chosen for them to play for Stoke, where he had most if his best years, but he chose Derby instead.

Also interesting to note, they were crap at their penalties, missed the goal entirely, so it's good to see our penalty taking prowess is filtering down to the youth teams too.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't catch anything but taking penalties near the end, but his two sons took penalties. It's interesting to note that they both play for Derby. So he could have chosen for them to play for Stoke, where he had most if his best years, but he chose Derby instead.

Also interesting to note, they were crap at their penalties, missed the goal entirely, so it's good to see our penalty taking prowess is filtering down to the youth teams too.

Still lives in derby I believe maybe that played a part?

Still lives in derby I believe maybe that played a part?

I'm sure that's a factor. But I'd like to think that

a) he had a few options and maybe our youth set up was the best of the options and

b) it's been ages since he played for Derby, so Derby's got to be a pretty smashing place for him to still be here. I know it's commutable to Stoke, but still, nice that decided to settle here. Mind you though, when the other option is Stoke...

PS whoever caught the end if Soccer AM, anyone else think Kurt Angle was a waxwork? Scared the **** out of me when he moved.

Archived