Any Old Junior Rams/key Clubbers

Gone

Going through some old stuff and found this lot. Great days I loved the Key club, any old key club members out there?

I always remember a inflatable pink panther at the front. One match somehow Man Untd lads where in there and it all kicked off, and the young lad next to me whacked them on the way out with the inflatable pink panther!!! Those were the days 'd/14/02/20/qa2evape' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im an old Key Club Junior ram

Memories - mill crate on top of plywood shelf and still only being at ankle level to the players.

Telling the Millwall goalie to **** off when he asked me if I was enjoying watching the game

Laughing at the United fans being marched around from the popside by the police

Getting picked to be a ball boy for a night game v Huddersfield

Getting a Paninni 1987-88 sticker album at the first game of the season then sitting on my mill crate on the terrace sticking in all my stickers we got free too

im an old Key Club Junior ram

Memories - mill crate on top of plywood shelf and still only being at ankle level to the players.

Telling the Millwall goalie to **** off when he asked me if I was enjoying watching the game

Laughing at the United fans being marched around from the popside by the police

Getting picked to be a ball boy for a night game v Huddersfield

Getting a Paninni 1987-88 sticker album at the first game of the season then sitting on my mill crate on the terrace sticking in all my stickers we got free too

pretty much my experience of the key club too. After I outgrew the crate used to hang on railings at the front. Used to p i s a off the old timers a bit with us bobbing up and obstructing there view. Loved them days.

Those milk crates were great, memories are coming flooding back "Dibble Dibble what's the score" right in his face when we stuffed Man City 5-0, shouting things I shouldn't at that age to Maxwell when he walked by, high fiving Saunders when he hit the winner against Wednesday.

My youngsters were the first two through the turnstiles of the key club - silly 'achievement' really but we had already set a precedent for stupidity - my son was (at the time he was registered) the youngest ever member of the Junior Rams. He was not much more than 30 minutes old when I rang Steve Stone.

Was never a Junior Ram. I was a renegade who preferred my own way of doing things.

I used to save up my modest pocket money for 6 months or so (that meant no treats for 6 months) to fund my junior season ticket purchase.

If my mate and his dad weren't going to the match and I couldn't afford the bus fare, I used to walk from Ilkeston to the BBG, watch the match and walk back (I did that from the age of about 11).

Looking at that silk scarf, it reminds me of the white one and a blue one like this I have still from the early 80’s

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Derby-County-70s-silk-scarf-/171143929934

I also have a cotton scarf depicting the players faces, the Division One Champions.

Well these days you can have a nice bit of cashmere, but you can’t beat a silky shiny un.

http://www.savile-rogue.com/search/derby-county

I'm an Old Key Club boy. Man we took some stick from the Treetards at school for that (Langley Mill, deadly borderlands). Anyone else get the "Key Club! Key Club!" p1sstake chant in falsetto voice?

If I remember rightly, it cost £2.50 to get in per game?

Fondest memory was Goddard scoring with a lobbed shot, top corner against Everton I think. The ball travelled in a straight line from his foot to goal right in front of where I was standing.

This has also brought back another memory. When I was at college (SEDC) I took a job as one of those Lottery guys at the BBG, just to get free match entry.

I probably took about £5 in sales each game, of which you got a percentage commission. Big money!

But as soon as the match kicked off you'd return your bag and then could go and sit anywhere in the ground, wherever you could find a free seat.

I'm an Old Key Club boy. Man we took some stick from the Treetards at school for that (Langley Mill, deadly borderlands). Anyone else get the "Key Club! Key Club!" p1sstake chant in falsetto voice?

If I remember rightly, it cost £2.50 to get in per game?

Fondest memory was Goddard scoring with a lobbed shot, top corner against Everton I think. The ball travelled in a straight line from his foot to goal right in front of where I was standing.

Remember that game we won 3-2. I was on the railings in the key club. Footage on You Tube of that game. Might be 88/89 season review.

Remember that game we won 3-2. I was on the railings in the key club. Footage on You Tube of that game. Might be 88/89 season review.

I remeber that game - didn't we go in front three times and they equalise twice? Remember Southall giving his gloves to a kid in the crowd - on the other side of that bridge type thing that went across the terrace to me.

I remeber that game - didn't we go in front three times and they equalise twice? Remember Southall giving his gloves to a kid in the crowd - on the other side of that bridge type thing that went across the terrace to me.

Yeah that's the game. We scored with about ten minutes left Goddard with a chip winner

Archived