Do Rams defend with 2 banks of 4 or is it all over the place and is it zonal or man marking

Curtains

We are great going forward but do we need more discipline away from home or for that matter even at home.

Can we ever use a more defensive method because it seems to me we are sometimes gung ho and lose all our discipline.

Is it personnel that makes us lose bad goals too simply or do we lose our discipline which should have been instilled in training.

McClaren Is a brilliant coach so I'm hoping he will sort it out

Is McClaren afraid of changing too quickly because of fans reaction.

We are in a great position in the top 6 let's not throw it away.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poetry 101:

Win your home games, draw away,

you'll be promoted at the end of the day.

Easy that Eddie. No agenda here lol I'm just asking.

We should never have thrown that lead away against a thrown together Brum side because of their financial struggles.

Easy that Eddie. No agenda here lol I'm just asking.

We should never have thrown that lead away against a thrown together Brum side because of their finatiall struggles.

Tell me about it. 

The drive home was very quiet.

It felt like a mugging.

Question with a holding player in midfield how can that 2nd Brum goal happen . Ie when the ball breaks down with Bamford and Hendrick up the field how is it possible for the team to be so exposed on the break. It happened away at Barnsley as well.

Question with a holding player in midfield how can that 2nd Brum goal happen . Ie when the ball breaks down with Bamford and Hendrick up the field how is it possible for the team to be so exposed on the break. It happened away at Barnsley as well.

Maybe Hendrick shouldn't have been "up the field". Maybe Bamford and Hendrick shouldn't let "the ball break down". Just as valid an argument as anything else.

Maybe Hendrick shouldn't have been "up the field". Maybe Bamford and Hendrick shouldn't let "the ball break down". Just as valid an argument as anything else.

Totally agree I think it was a bad pass by Bamford but he's been very good for us although he's a bit greedy at times.

I starting to think its a discipline and mentality thing.

Even with our attacking mentality we still have to do the dirty things in football. ie get the hell back in defensive positions.

Totally agree I think it was a bad pass by Bamford but he's been very good for us although he's a bit greedy at times.

I starting to think its a discipline and mentality thing.

Even with our attacking mentality we still have to do the dirty things in football. ie get the hell back in defensive positions.

I understand your frustrations Curtains but personally I am enjoying being top scorers in the division and enjoying expecting to see goals (in the plural) each game. I am not going to get depressed about the defensive glitches just yet. We are a good side not a bad one.

I understand your frustrations Curtains but personally I am enjoying being top scorers in the division and enjoying expecting to see goals (in the plural) each game. I am not going to get depressed about the defensive glitches just yet. We are a good side not a bad one.

We are a good side except when we play the likes of Leicester and that is the problem . They steamrollered us because of our lack of defensive ability and that's what I would be concerned about against the better teams in the play offs if we make them.

PS I'm sure George Thorne will make a big difference but time will tell.

Still want to see Whitbread get a chance to see what he can do what's to lose.

Are we just chopping sawdust with all these "samey" threads about mostly the same thing... Eg back four, being better at not letting goals in , eustance etc, etc, etc........

Yes in a way your right but it's just discussion really we all want the best for the Rams and it's sometimes difficult .

even the best teams have lapses in concentration. I can almost predict now that in the Man City v Chelsea game tonight, there'll be one or two!

So we dropped two points, it has to happen to us at some point, and I for one would rather it happens now, with plenty of time to rejuvenate the mentality before the end of the season, than it happen on the last game of the season!

Birmingham did to us what we did to Ipswich, I don't think it'll have any long term effect, it's just the nature of this division.

Stop panicking. The time to panic would be if we'd lost 4-3!

A thread about indiscipline and shoddy defensive play leading to us throwing away a nailed-on 3 points? And no one has mentioned Nigel Clough yet? I don't believe it.

It was all bloddy Cwyka's fault – he can go back to bloody Wigan or wherever he came from

Well you just ruined it didn't you!  ;)

Ironically I think we'd have won the game at 3-1 with Clough in charge as he'd probably have set up shop at 75 minutes and we maybe don't concede the 2nd  ;)  Whether we'd have been in that position is another matter altogether...

Maybe what happened on Saturday will do us better in the long run that had we won 3-2. Had we won the players wouldn't have been so bothered thinking about shape/decision making etc, but they will have no choice now. Hopefully the experience will mean that it doesn't happen again!

Archived