George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we (WBA) have rejected his transfer request, than that'll be the end of it (for this summer at least).

He'll either be kept until January against his will, and then sold to you for about £1 mil, or he'll find his way back into the WBA team and forget he ever had a half-season at Pride Park  :p

I think if we (WBA) have rejected his transfer request, than that'll be the end of it (for this summer at least).

He'll either be kept until January against his will, and then sold to you for about £1 mil, or he'll find his way back into the WBA team and forget he ever had a half-season at Pride Park  :p

Any incoming manager/head coach would say sell him. A transfer request is as clear as things get. 

Any incoming manager/head coach would say sell him. A transfer request is as clear as things get. 

I don't think you understand how it works at WBA.

Peace is a dictator, if he doesn't want to sell, he wont sell. 

I assume that Thorne just doesnt trust being told he will get first team football here. His heart definitely isn't at West Brom right now, but things change in football, as soon as he is back in the first team he will probably begin to enjoy his time here

I assume that Thorne just doesnt trust being told he will get first team football here. His heart definitely isn't at West Brom right now, but things change in football, as soon as he is back in the first team he will probably begin to enjoy his time here

Right. Because that is what will happen. He would just waltz back into WBA 1st team training as if there was never any issues. 

So you are proud of Peace are you ,a vindictive so and so by all accounts, who will sacrifice the good of your club, just to show off, and come the big I am,

So you are proud of Peace are you ,a vindictive so and so by all accounts, who will sacrifice the good of your club, just to show off, and come the big I am,

no I wish Peace would sell up and be through with the club, I am just telling you what the man is like.

Thorne is very dispensable to the club, and should not be kept if he wants to leave, but I still don't think he will leave

Is he short in stature by any chance this Peace of yours?

no I wish Peace would sell up and be through with the club, I am just telling you what the man is like.

Thorne is very dispensable to the club, and should not be kept if he wants to leave, but I still don't think he will leave

Well I have to say from the baggies that have been on here and said a bit about this guy... He seems like a megalomaniac and not the ideal type for chairman of a football club.

Right. Because that is what will happen. He would just waltz back into WBA 1st team training as if there was never any issues. 

No, but creases can be ironed out.

You act like he has publically come out and said West Brom is a terrible club and he hopes to have nothing to do with it.

It is obvious he loved his time at Derby, and would like to play for you, but that doesn't mean his head can't be turned back

Is he short in stature by any chance this Pearce of yours?

"http://www.phibetaiota.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/minimi" alt="minimi">

Well I have to say from the baggies that have been on here and said a bit about this guy... He seems like a megalomaniac and not the ideal type for chairman of a football club.

he's a frustruating chairman to have as a manager(probably) and definitely as a fan.

Takes a big wage out for himself, and is very sparse with his spending elsewhere, he is a business man though, so the club never has any worrying debt problems under him

No, but creases can be ironed out.

You act like he has publically come out and said West Brom is a terrible club and he hopes to have nothing to do with it.

It is obvious he loved his time at Derby, and would like to play for you, but that doesn't mean his head can't be turned back

"http://www.phibetaiota.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/minimi" alt="minimi">

If you want a few tips on how to get rid of unwanted owners, I could give you a few names that could advise you, we have experts in the art at Derby.

he's a frustruating chairman to have as a manager(probably) and definitely as a fan.

Takes a big wage out for himself, and is very sparse with his spending elsewhere, he is a business man though, so the club never has any worrying debt problems under him

I know I'd rather a club was run sustainably but regardless I think I'd be a very disgruntled Derby fan if he was ours and not yours.

I'd say it's less likely he will be joining DCFC now after today. I can imagine it being similar to the Odemwingie situation. Made to come back into the team, if he carries on kicking up a fuss sold to someone else next season or in January.

Its fairly obvious he doesn't want to be at WBA and i'd let him go but as some have already mentioned JP isn't like most chairmen. 

It'll go on another month before we pay finally what WBA wants and he comes here.

WBA playing themselves up to look good for their fans through stringent denial... Makes our board look good when it happens eventually.

Just wait.

Archived