George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say this is an odd one. The players must think something really special is happening at Derby if someone like GT wants to leave a reasonably established Premier League club and drop a division for us. Of course I'm thrilled in many ways, but surprised that, after leaving the iPride/Moor Farm the gloss hasn't begun to wear off.

If we're really that much of a draw, then hopefully Bryson will want to stay too, buyout clause or not. And Hendrick won't be tempted by the delights of Watford...

That makes me really optimistic, about this, McCormack and the rest. I'd say, at our level, there doesn't seem to be many places batter to be be. I would say our level includes anyone from bottom half prem to top 10 champ.

The only difference with being in one of the bottom half Prem teams are the wages, and maybe the prestige, a small chance of playing in Europe (but only Hull can offer that), the extra challenge of playing against top teams, but the downside to that is that you're continually getting thumped by those teams. In terms of job satisfaction, there's got to be no better place to be surely,

I know I'm biased, but we've got one of the best team spirits going, we play an exciting brand of football, with lots of chances for players all over the pitch to get their name on the score sheet, we've got a decent amount of money, without being stupid enough to risk job security, we've got some of the best training facilities outside of the top four, and we've got one of the best training teams in the country. We've got a relatively harmonious backroom, and that sort of positivity filters through to everyone in the organisation. You've even got geographical considerations that we're kind of close to everywhere, so there's no need to get too homesick

What's not to like about coming to work here. As long as the wages offer some sort of parity, apart from those with a serious shout at the prem top 10, I'm surprised everyone isn't itching to be part of the Derby revolution.

Well the headline on the Yorkshire Evening Post websites reads 'Car explodes in Leeds town centre'

Clearly George was on his way there to pick Ross up and them Baggie ninja assassins have tried taking them both out before they reach us........just let him go guys!

Well the headline on the Yorkshire Evening Post websites reads 'Car explodes in Leeds town centre'

Clearly George was on his way there to pick Ross up and them Baggie ninja assassins have tried taking them both out before they reach us........just let him go guys!

Ninjas are silent. You ever met a quiet West Midlands native?

Even though a transfer request doesn’t carry any real weight in itself, it is very public statement and puts greater distance between the player, the club and it’s fans. It’s a long way back from here so it must increase the odds of GT leaving. 

Archived