George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But we're not in last season are we? That was months ago. Hughes is a better player on paper and has a bigger effect on the team performance. Hendrick is a fantastic individual player and I like him, but Bryson is the leader, Thorne is Thorne and Hughes is the most naturally talented player at the club.

Plus I think Hendrick has a much bigger impact from the bench with his power than Hughes does.

But we're not in last season are we? That was months ago. Hughes is a better player on paper and has a bigger effect on the team performance. Hendrick is a fantastic individual player and I like him, but Bryson is the leader, Thorne is Thorne and Hughes is the most naturally talented player at the club.

But they'll all earn their chances at some point, I'm sure of it.

You pick a team based on form, not attributes on paper and Hendrick was influencing the team more than Hughes was. If Hendrick can continue his outstanding form, I think he will be starting.

Plus I think Hendrick has a much bigger impact from the bench with his power than Hughes does.

Honestly, I'd sooner drop Bryson than Hughes. Until Hughes needs a rest or drops out of form. But new season is a clean slate, and on paper Thorne and Hughes are the first names on the team sheet. Hendrick and Bryson battle it out for the last spot in midfield.

You pick a team based on form, not attributes on paper and Hendrick was influencing the team more than Hughes was. If Hendrick can continue his outstanding form, I think he will be starting.

You do pick a team based on form, but in the first game of the season there is no form. Last season was last season. This is a new slate.

Let's be honest, he's going to be a fringe player at best. Just hope he gets a few substitute appearances here and there :ph34r: [/quote

We needed someone to warm the bench and collect the stuff at training and now we have our man. Good job sam rush, good job indeed.

I think they all have their own unique qualities and each has something spesh to bring to the mix. I honestly can't choose and don't envy Stevie for having to.

Just hope we get to see a LOT of all 4.

I've said it a million times before, and I'll say it again. Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes are all undroppable. Not playing one of them is unthinkable. But the fact is, one of them always has to be out of the team.

Pre-season?

Hmm, to some extent pre-season form means something. But pre-season is just a run out. Unless you're in truly outstanding form in pre-season, it doesn't really count for much.

Has Hendrick been setting the world alight in pre-season...?

so pleasing to have this problem but just think that we could drop any of bryson hughes or hendrick, who would walk into most sides into the championship and we would still have the best midfield in the league, the fact is we will have either bryson hendrick or hughes sitting on the bench, thats as good a statement as any as to how good our midfield is

Honestly though YorkshireRam, you have a case with Hendrick. He's a great player, you don't have to sell that much to me.

There is no right answer to the midfield question. Or should I say no wrong answer, because whatever Mac does with those 4 players can only be a right answer.

We'll see what he does anyway. I'm off to bed to dream Thorney dreams. Night all.

Archived