George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would still say to get maximum publicity that tomorrow lunch time would be favourite.

I do wonder if this Thorne saga as consumed everyone at DCFC and hope that it hasn't hampered our other required potential signings.

But then again I'm central.. If they're located near California it's like 11AM there.. 4 different time zones.. If they're on the east coast it would be 2 now

Either way it means than it being announced 9am uk time the owners would miss it...i would think they would like to be awake to see it considering how important it is like Bryson and Ipro deals

Either way it means than it being announced 9am uk time the owners would miss it...i would think they would like to be awake to see it considering how important it is like Bryson and Ipro deals

maybe that's why it's just been announced :p

I'm sat watching lanchshire vs Derbyshire in the sun and I have a boner but ovet Thorne not the cricket we are terrible at that

Not sure if its been mentioned before nor do i know the time differences but does anyone think the key announcements like brysons new deal are announced later on in the day so our american/canadian owners are awake to see/help them happen?

I'm working over in NY this week and the first thing I do when I wake up is check newsnow and then this thread to see what the updates are. I'm not addicted to Thorne - I've just got a bit of a cold. I could stop any time I like...

It's great being 5 hours behind so you know that most movement will have already happened. Though it doesn't stop me logging in every few minutes up until midnight or so, just in case. I agree I expect Brett's in the same boat and that has to be the only explanation for afternoon announcements.

Of course, if he's not signed by the end of the day we have to give up, move on and look elsewhere. That said, I'll start to be a little bit worried if he's not signed by a week on Wednesday. I think WBA will be back in the UK by then. Seriously, in terms of football style and verve, we have to be the biggest draw in the Championship. And I want players who are more interested in playing and less in money and, if that's the case, they will want to join us. If a Prem club came in to try to scupper the deal then the equation could differ, but as George isn't proven in the Prem, it's unlikely, unless it's going to be a newly promoted club. They have seen what he can do so should be breaking the bank for him. hence it would be good to tie it all up and move on.

And my word - while I've been typing they've been 40 replies to this thread so I just checked and we've AGREED A FEE. Great work everyone involved at DCFC. Trust Georgie boy will do the decent and sign.

Come on you Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived