George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBA were always going to be asked about the Thorne story, and they were never going to say, "Well, we'll let him go then. Tear up his contract and call him a cab". Their smart move was always going to be to respond as they have.

Nothing has changed. We want him, he wants to play here, WBA want best value. Over to Rush and Peace then, either a deal can be done or it can't.

I'll be chuffed if I read in the bellylaugh that he's signed, and until then I'll forget it.

I've gone from not actually giving a toss about West Brom whatsoever to generally hoping they fall through the leagues in just 46 pages!

We really want Thorne, he wants to come to us, but WBA are being treated a bit shabbily by him. Can't imagine WBA will be loaning us any other players in the near future, can you?  And I wonder what other Prem clubs will say when they see this?  Are they going to want to lend us players if they think this could happen? I don't believe Derby have behaved in any way improperly but it doesn't look good from the outside.

West Brom fans have a right to be annoyed and we would be too if roles are reversed. (I want him to come, to be clear)

But I certainly won't start disliking a club which lent us Thorne in the first place and which are possibly the only wronged party in all this.

We really want Thorne, he wants to come to us, but WBA are being treated a bit shabbily by him. Can't imagine WBA will be loaning us any other players in the near future, can you?  And I wonder what other Prem clubs will say when they see this?  Are they going to want to lend us players if they think this could happen? I don't believe Derby have behaved in any way improperly but it doesn't look good from the outside.

West Brom fans have a right to be annoyed and we would be too if roles are reversed. (I want him to come, to be clear)

But I certainly won't start disliking a club which lent us Thorne in the first place and which are possibly the only wronged party in all this.

We had a number of loans this season and a number of them did exceptionally well so I imagine many prem teams can see we can get the best out of them at a good side playing excellent football under adept coaching. The fact that Thorne wants out is barely our fault.

Yeah, outside.

We've got no idea what kind of relationships people who are dealing transfers have. And I don't think one player's outburst changes situation at all.

And after all, money talks sense and builds relationships. Always.

Who says?

Other than youz?

Says George

Back to London.. Dubai produced "https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f604" title="Smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes" alt="1f604">"https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f44f" title="Clapping hands sign" alt="1f44f">

Archived