George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I wonder how the real John Eustace feels about this thread?

Imagine being the only person at work that did your specific job and nearly 700,000 people had gleefully read about and wished for someone else that might be coming in to replace you.

I'm sure he'd be willing to fight for his place regardless. He's a model pro by the sounds of it.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He witnessed Thorne in training and in games for months, I'm sure he understands why we're all so excited 

Granted but if you were close to retirement yet didn't want to go just yet and there is some young whipper-snapper who you know is actually better than you, that makes it worse!

Granted but if you were close to retirement yet didn't want to go just yet and there is some young whipper-snapper who you know is actually better than you, that makes it worse!

He'll get appearances from the bench, which at his age is fair enough. He can't perform for 90 minutes anymore anyway.

His experience is going to be a big help in our promotion push regardless of how many games he plays  ;)

Sam Rush has spoken (to a man in Starbucks about George Thorne):

Chatted with Sam Rush today in Starbucks, casually brought up George Thorne, he said "give me till the weekend"[/size]

Whats he doing in there.

He should be camped outside jeremy Peace's office with the accountant.

I started the madness

I think it'd be fitting if at the end of this thread, when Thorne has signed, you get the last comment saying exactly what you did back then, just the words "good signing, good player". On exactly page 1000.  Then the thread is locked.

haha i 90% believed it, i havnt a clue if the twiitter is real or not, i enjoyed reading his posts and thought that was just eustace being the funny guy ;p never heard about him from anything else ;p what is his real twitter? pm me a link?

I thought Twitter was the parody?

Anyone digging my consecutive use of italics & bold there?

Sam Rush must have a Starbucks loyalty card.. he's always in there chatting about transfers with fans.

Perhaps he's got a part time job clearing the tables.

I thought Twitter was the parody?

Anyone digging my consecutive use of italics & bold there?

It just makes me confused on where the emphasis is supposed to be.

It really messes WITH the way I try to read it.

Archived