George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know mate.

As a person that hasn't got a clue what's going on I have felt confident since his transfer request. Even more so when the WBA line went from "not for sale" to "not for sale....... unless the price is right"

I don't care when he signs though. Can wait another whole month for me.

Even so if we miss out, we did well before him. We could have lost Bryson and Keogh to Burnley and Hendrick to Watford.

After Wembley we just wanted to keep most the lads together. It's amazing that we've managed to keep all of them and even one of the loans wants to join.

Thorne or no Thorne, think we should be in a good place right now.

He's only 1 player. A very good player. Very good. But we've got a decent team, good coach, brilliant GK coach and a very promising smart level headed assistant. I think we should be in the top 6 fight without Thorne. Which unless you're unaware of how fickle Championship squads can be, is as good as you can demand as a supporter

Agree with all that. As per my earlier post, don't get the feeling anything is going to happen certainly today or in the next few days, Derby seem to be happy to bide their time confident in the knowledge they will get their man. 

Is this the day it happens. Bloody hope so. Driving me mad this is.this thread is so addictive carnt stop looking at it.

Heh, I'm guessing from what folks have said that today won't be the day. WBA are playing a hard long game. But relax, If people are to be believed then Derby are softening Albion up. As far as we know Thorne wants to come. That's half the job done. We want him. We have to play WBA's game though. Grudgingly we all have to go on.

I guess WBA are hoping to bring him back in line or bring in some rival interest. They'll push us on this. Be patient fella

As an outsider looking in I can understand you coming to that conclusion. But I can assure you majority of WBA fans regard villa as their traditional rivals and vice versa.

I could make an assumption as to who your rivals are but it would just be a guess, and I don't like being wrong

I can assure you that Villa do not consider you their biggest rivals. That privilege is reserved for Bluenoses. And as a Baggie fan you really should know that!

Chill out? I want promotion nailed and this isn't the way to do it! 

Yeah, chill out, no need to get worked up. I'm sure the folk on the board have got it all under control!  Nothing us serfs can do to influence anything. 

Irvine has recently stated two things

1. players prices have jumped up this season forcing some players out of our reach

2. It's more difficult to sign players with so many people involved and players and agents waiting to see what other opportunities may arise

He had previously stated that if Thorne leaves, then we would have to replace him.

The first two statements could have a bearing on the Thorne transfer in that a price what we may initially accepted has probably increased. Also, we may look to bring in a player before releasing Thorne. This may go all the way to transfer deadline day

If he goes to the USA it's simple that the deal is not close and there is plenty of work to be done.

All the ITK info suggested this week he will sign and he will not be on the plane..

For what it's worth I rate GT highly but with 3 million to spend I wouldn't be too disappointed if we had to look elsewhere after all we were in 2nd place when he came on loan and 3 million could get us 2 quality players..

Archived