George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friendly mean nothing guys remember JOHN BRAYFORD...

that was all part of an old boys reunion having clough brayford and buxton going back to burton, just to keep Ben Robinson happy, every one knew brayford was off the next day !

Mackworth Ram informs us what he is told by a club insider(a player within the first team squad)

We should thank Mackworth Ram for sharing Such info, not drive him away.

Probably even now George's agent does not know where George will play his football in July,August and September

Players as evidenced on twitter want George to sign. Club want ti sign George, hurdle is the price.

This is a negotiation......and I would suggest having George on the bench is a sign West Brom are not happy with price we are CURRENTLY willing to pay.

There is the possibility George may get more chances to play at West Brom in pre season.....but he will surely appreciate pre season is vastly different to Prem League...and that upto end of August West Brom will be strengthening their midfield. (George is pretty much un proven in Prem League, and their squad and midfield looks thread bare)

I conclude we will need to pay more than we have currently offered. George gets tempted to think he can play in a Prem League Team. But once a fee between the clubs is agreed George will sign.

I am absolutely staggered Burnley have not looked to George...reason they will not have done so is to place Prem League survival in hands of a young un proven midfielder is not a great idea. West Brom are not in a much better position that Burnley.

West Brom want good money for George, probably increasing their required figure due to the hassle they have incurred and our woeful first bid.

I am confident George will be with us by end of this week. Thereafter, my confidence will sink.

However hard it is to imagine, George may not sign until end of August if he does get suckered into thinking he will play first team football throughout August.

Archived