George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

When do we generally announce signing? Like what time? I usually just go to bed then read what's gone off in the morning as I'm 6 hours behind.. But I want to be the first to see this one.

Nothing will be announced before breakfast. Sam Rush has a strict no business before wheetabix policy.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the link to wbaunoffical forum that was posted earlier, the guy that posted the op is generally pretty reliable, if the deal does go through I still wouldn't be surprised if it's a loan to perm and an undisclosed fee.

Re the link to wbaunoffical forum that was posted earlier, the guy that posted the op is generally pretty reliable, if the deal does go through I still wouldn't be surprised if it's a loan to perm and an undisclosed fee.

I'd be very surprised to see him coming back on loan at all, wouldn't make sense to either party. West Brom don't get their money to reinforce and Derby would already know they want him signed permanently.

I'd be very surprised to see him coming back on loan at all, wouldn't make sense to either party. West Brom don't get their money to reinforce and Derby would already know they want him signed permanently.

Has it occurred to you that it's maybe Thorne who wants the 'loan with a view' as it gives him an escape clause. It's in his control.

Let's face it...he's hardly the most loyal sort.

Has it occurred to you that it's maybe Thorne who wants the 'loan with a view' as it gives him an escape clause. It's in his control.

Let's face it...he's hardly the most loyal sort.

So we've gone from no mention of a loan to "maybe it's Thorne's idea" based on what exactly?

It was just Butros floating an idea, not even a rumour.

8hrs behind here - will probably go to bed around midnight, so if anything's announced before 8am I will have officially pulled an all nighter.

I'm 8 hours ahead......... unfortunately there is no news to report from the future!

It would make sense if;

1 we don't think he is premier league standard or

2. We have other players ahead of him based on ability

As I've stated previously, the above is what we always do with fringe players and in Thorne's case it could be say, a loan with a compulsory purchase at the end if it with a higher figure if you get promoted.

Personally, I think he will sign before we go to the States

Loan to perm makes sense to WBA ,wouldn't be the first time WBA have done this.

Tbh any funds from a Thorne transfer won't make or break our transfer budget

WBA FC.... You a robot?

On a Derby forum at this time and earlier?

Or you just hate kip?

Jesus son... Surely you got better things to be doing?

Ahhhhh...... Getting ya post count up! Good lad.

Mornin' Redcar

I commute to London everyday, hence why I am up early. My home board people like to sleep and so nothing to read in the morning. Here on the other hand your board operates 24/7 :)

I've just seen this article in case you missed it

http://www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/thorne_transfer_update_836263/index.shtml?

Top of the morning to you WBA FC...

Wowzers... London commute EVERY DAY.... Blooming heck... That's some effort.

Yes, seen that page, thanks for posting though.

Fancy a carvery on Sunday? I think we now get on just swell.

Archived