George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

2.5 million+ for an injury prone defensive midfielder....when we have just given our first choice midfield three all brand shiny new contracts.....

I would prefer we spend the money on a decent striker.

Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson play completely different roles? Thorne is a young and perfect for our team. He completely polishes it off. 

The idea of spending it on a 'decent striker' when we currently have two Strikers on our books, one of which is the best striker we've had in years. We only have Eustace, the oldest and most fragile player in our squad, at CDM. Can't rely on him all season, can we. Thorne is a priority in so many ways.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree Eddie, people are starting to get confused between official statements itk gossip abd idle chat.

Unless I'm mistaken the only official news is that we have had two bids (+ 2 transfer requests) turned down which went from

obviously your posts are less tedious.

I don't think it's humanly possible to be more tedious than the last 50 pages, so I'd certainly hope so.

Seriously, how many times can the same arguments be had, the same statments, um, stated?

It feels like the answer to that question is infinitely.

It's their own time their wasting, not mine -_-

I think "done deal" is confusing some here. Some are meaning literally (which is nonsense) whereas some are saying it figuratively, which is more of an opinion.

FWIW, I do think it's a "done deal" and it's a matter of when. But I'm not ITK, so this isn't literally.

It all becomes clear!

"Done deal" really means "A guess".

Note to self - Really must improve my grasp of the English language.

Understand now

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-bromwich-albion-sign-liverpool-3848449

West Bromwich Albion to sign Liverpool right-back Andre Wisdom on a season-long loan
    Jul 12, 2014 23:00       By Neil Moxley

The Baggies have won the race to land the young defender ahead of Steve McClaren's Derby County where Wisdom spent last season

Derby County had been interested in England

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-bromwich-albion-sign-liverpool-3848449

West Bromwich Albion to sign Liverpool right-back Andre Wisdom on a season-long loan

The Baggies have won the race to land the young defender ahead of Steve McClaren's Derby County where Wisdom spent last season

It all becomes clear!

"Done deal" really means "A guess".

Note to self - Really must improve my grasp of the English language.

Understand now

Not always the easiest to grasp the difference in text form.

2.5 million+ for an injury prone defensive midfielder....when we have just given our first choice midfield three all brand shiny new contracts.....

I would prefer we spend the money on a decent striker.

The Leicester and Millwall games proved we need a holding midfielder, otherwise the system just doesn't work

I don't think it's humanly possible to be more tedious than the last 50 pages, so I'd certainly hope so.

Seriously, how many times can the same arguments be had, the same statments, um, stated?

It feels like the answer to that question is infinitely.

It's their own time their wasting, not mine -_-

Derby County is a big thing in peoples lives and that's why we took so many fans to Wembley.

We want the Rams to do well so this forum is just great for us fans to discuss this and that and I don't really see the harm in it to be honest.

Yes some peoples views including my own can be frustrating but ultimately all Rams fans should have a common aim and that is to support the club and fellow fans.

Once a Ram always a Ram.

PS Is that avatar of yours a view inside the old Baseball Hotel I used to frequent on some match days.

Jul 12, 2014 23:00 By Neil Moxley

Derby County is a big thing in peoples lives and that's why we took so mNy fans to Wembley.

We want the Rams to do well so this forum is just great for us fans to discuss this and that I don't really see the harm in it to be honest.

Yes some peoples views including my own can be frustrating but ultimately all Rams fans should have a common aim and that is to support the club and fellow fans.

One a Ram always a Ram.

PS Is that avatar of yours a view inside the old Baseball Hotel I used to frequent on some match days.

Nope, it's 'the pointy room' at the Brunswick.

Probably not been done up since the days of the Baseball Hotel though.

BTW, I wasn't criticising people's views, or them having opinions. Merely expressing how poitless it seems to me to argue the exact same point with the exact same people, repeatedly and constantly for 3 weeks, during which time there has genuinely been nothing new to discuss on the matter!

That's a Daily Mirror report. How come you haven't mentioned it before? I thought you were supposed to be ITK?

From www.westbrom.com

"I am not going any further than this comment for obvious reasons but we are discussing deals with clubs for a top quality PL RB and a young very promising foreign ST. The RB is not Hutton but they may turn to him if we miss out on other targets and the striker is somebody alongside Jonas who we are definitely after."

Jul 12, 2014 23:00 By Neil Moxley

Nope, it's 'the pointy room' at the Brunswick.

Probably not been done up since the days of the Baseball Hotel though.

BTW, I wasn't criticising people's views, or them having opinions. Merely expressing how poitless it seems to me to argue the exact same point with the exact same people, repeatedly and constantly for 3 weeks, during which time there has genuinely been nothing new to discuss on the matter!

Oh right I realized your first post was tongue in cheek just as a lot of mine are.

Of course it's the Bunny my bad if should have know that

From www.westbrom.com

"I am not going any further than this comment for obvious reasons but we are discussing deals with clubs for a top quality PL RB and a young very promising foreign ST. The RB is not Hutton but they may turn to him if we miss out on other targets and the striker is somebody alongside Jonas who we are definitely after."

Decent cold reading bro.

Let's give it a try:

Team lacking quality at right back and striker is looking at a right back and a striker. They may go for that guy the papers reckon, but first they're looking at another guy I'm conveniently not going to name.

The great part about yours is that you could say your "right" if:

- Hutton signed, because hey, you said he'd be secondary, must of missed out on the other one

- You signed a domestic striker, because hey, you just missed out on the international man of mystery

- A player came in at rightback at all, loan or permanent, because hey, you only say you only said "top Prem quality" which could mean literally anything

- No one signed, because hey, transfers are hard work bro

...etc.

This ITK stuff is easy, maybe I should go forum to forum, reading what they lack, rough financial clout and just doing cold reading and become the ultimate ITK king.

Serious question though, you rate Wisdom as a "top quality PL RB" after his season with us? I really like him as a player, but surely 14 Premier League appearances does not a "top quality PL RB" make.

From www.westbrom.com

Still on the wrong thread

Archived