George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we even have £3m to spend?

That is a huge sum of money for a Championship Derby County.

What would we do about a RW and RW?

Although I do think we don't need many additions, we just need the right ones. If the board are ready to invest to make next season a promotion season i'm all game. Just wondering if we can afford that type of fee.

I hope we would be willing to pay at least £5million, he's worth it. He's the difference between a play-off team and a title winner. Best midfielder in the league.

Yes I agree Thorne, Bryson , Hendrick, and Hughes ( if he stays ) , that's the engine room, the power of this team, build around them, we can not fail.

Although I do think we don't need many additions, we just need the right ones. If the board are ready to invest to make next season a promotion season i'm all game. Just wondering if we can afford that type of fee.

Bennett.

Not sure that valuation is realistic but a deal could be done based on a decent up front payment + more if we're promoted. However I don't think we will have a big enough budget to buy Thorne and strengthen in other areas. I suspect modest permanent signings and decent loans. Foreign players expected in this.

Don't know if it's just me being optimistic, but George favourited this tweet from Barks:

Real shame to see @AdamLegzdins and @Jbailey_16 leave the club yesterday. Great lads that deserved/needed to play first team football again!

Surely he wouldn't give a monkeys about the players being released if he was going himself?

Hmmm...

Yes, we've received 3 million from the play-off's. Wage money is also being freed up by the players leaving.

On needing a RW, do we really? We've got Dawkins, Russell, Ward and Bennett available and were top goalscorers in the league for a reason. We should be worrying more about the defence (Thorne in the holding role?) than our attack.

Yes, we've received 3 million from the play-off's. Wage money is also being freed up by the players leaving.

On needing a RW, do we really? We've got Dawkins, Russell, Ward and Bennett available and were top goalscorers in the league for a reason. We should be worrying more about the defence (Thorne in the holding role?) than our attack.

You're right about the RW, i was just thinking in direct replacements for who we've lost off loans.

As for the £3m, would you be happy if we just signed George Thorne and left it at that because we've spent our kitty? I'm not saying I don't want us to sign Thorne, because I do, badly, but once it's gone it's gone. Unless we sell Hughes for £100m... then we're cool  :ph34r:

You're right about the RW, i was just thinking in direct replacements for who we've lost off loans.

As for the £3m, would you be happy if we just signed George Thorne and left it at that because we've spent our kitty? I'm not saying I don't want us to sign Thorne, because I do, badly, but once it's gone it's gone. Unless we sell Hughes for £100m... then we're cool  :ph34r:

Hearing the noises coming from Brett Wilson, it seems like we're going to have much more to play with than usual. Also, that money is what we've got from the play-offs, but the owners always put up a bit of cash each summer regardless for signings and with the wage bill being freed up by leaving players, Steve will be able to operate with free transfers and loans as he pleases.

Anyone can see that with some investment this summer, it'll be repaid ten times over at the end of the season.

Archived