George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPR are bankrolled by a very rich man.

They are but took a risk. We're not poor, we just spend it more wisely, it think 2.5 for a player who will lift the squads moral, the fans moral, as well as add to the quality we have here is a good deal 

They are but took a risk. We're not poor, we just spend it more wisely, it think 2.5 for a player who will lift the squads moral, the fans moral, as well as add to the quality we have here is a good deal

Whats your cut off point 3 Million ? 4Million ?

Is Thorne that good ?

Tell me !

Its only in recent years that we have had all this dicking about.

It started with adam pearson.

In the past we seemed to agree a fee without all this pantomime.

I thought the Johnny Russell transfer was a bit mental last year but I've never seen Derby fans react like this, social media doesn't help  :lol:

Whats your cut off point 3 Million ? 4Million ?

Is Thorne that good ?

Tell me !

We havent even offered that yet. If that doesn't get accepted then we need to move on, but I think the reason why we are all getting anxious over this is because we don't know where we are at with it. If we get told that we won't be signing Thorne, then we can all move on and the club can look for an alternative. 

I thought the Johnny Russell transfer was a bit mental last year but I've never seen Derby fans react like this, social media doesn't help  :lol:

It is a bit cringy watching people post on any tweet he makes telling him to sign. We know that if it was up to him we would be here but theres the matter of a club involved who wont let him 

It is a bit cringy watching people post on any tweet he makes telling him to sign. We know that if it was up to him we would be here but theres the matter of a club involved who wont let him 

I bet he loves the attention to be fair, not many players get this much fuss. It's Brett who I imagine is getting a bit annoyed, he's getting criticised by a small portion of fans just months after a record breaking season

Just wondering which alternative players you could sign who are better than Thorne, not having a go im just asking.

McClaren has lots of contacts and to be honest I'd never heard of George Thorne before he signed him on loan.

Cisse was another similar type of player to Thorne that Steve McClaren had on trial and did really well for us

We also still have a quality midfield without George .

So the honest answer is unless you are a scout or a technical director of football like our own Chris Evans then most average fans wouldn't be able to tell you.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Just wondering which alternative players you could sign who are better than Thorne, not having a go im just asking.

After seeing how well he did and how well he suits our system, I can't think of any players we could get for less than 2.5 million who would fit in with the team and has as much talent as him. There's probably a bunch of foreign lads who posses the same amount of talent as him, but none are guaranteed to fit our style. Of course, if news emerges that he won't be signing, I'm sure plenty of people will say, 'we can find better' or 'he isn't worth it.' 

McClaren has lots of contacts and to be honest I'd never heard of George Thorne before he signed him on loan.

Cisse was another similar type of player to Thorne that Steve McClaren had on trial and did really well for us

We also still have a quality midfield without George .

So the honest answer is unless you are a scout or a technical director of football like our own Steve Evans then most average fans wouldn't be able to tell you.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Is Scott Allen still a possibility for a more attacking option? I quite like the lad Austin from Leeds as a DM if he was reasonably priced.

The more pertinent question would be....."what clubs fans could offer me a better song than Utch's"....he's ours matey. You don't understand the power of dcfcfans.co.uk. Go back and look at the Johnny Russell thread from last summer! ;)

Is Scott Allen still a possibility for a more attacking option? I quite like the lad Austin from Leeds as a DM if he was reasonably priced.

Think we have let Scott Allen go and as for Austin I don't know but I'm sure McClaren is aware of him.

Archived