George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Brom made it clear when he came on loan that it was just to get him fit, he has never been offered for sale nor will he be and another half million quid won't make any difference. Above that and we would be paying over the odds anyway. Stop living in dream land boys.

Again. Every player has his price. Simples

George Thorne made a huge mistake when he went public and upset the West Brom chairman. Now he has firmly dug his heels in and it doesn't matter what Thorne wants. He is using him as an example that he will not be pushed around by young players, even if it means keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. As for being a West Brom supporter I will treat that with the comtempt that it deserves, I am just trying to inject some realism into the debate and another half million quid just won't cut it I'm afraid to say. We would only sell Hughes if someone offered a large amount over the odds, even if he fancied the move, and rightly so. Fans would go nuts if we started to give in to demands made by our players.

George Thorne made a huge mistake when he went public and upset the West Brom chairman. Now he has firmly dug his heels in and it doesn't matter what Thorne wants. He is using him as an example that he will not be pushed around by young players, even if it means keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. As for being a West Brom supporter I will treat that with the comtempt that it deserves, I am just trying to inject some realism into the debate and another half million quid just won't cut it I'm afraid to say. We would only sell Hughes if someone offered a large amount over the odds, even if he fancied the move, and rightly so. Fans would go nuts if we started to give in to demands made by our players.

What a load of b******s! if Hughes or any player for that matter wanted out of this club they would be gone to the highest bidder, fact! two reasons 1) no player is bigger than the club 2) it makes financial sense, why pay a players wages who has no intention of playing for you. Why have a moping face hanging around your club unsettling your other players? If peace is keeping Thorne around to teach him a lesson then he is A) a s***e business man who I would want nowhere near my club and B) a complete egotistical tosser! (See point A)

The WBA chairman may or may not be "digging his heels in" but one thing is for sure, if the price is right he will sell

Not sure if it's been mentioned but George Thornes profile picture on twitter is him in a Derby shirt celebrating that goal against Brighton. Says it all.

It also shows he is in constant contact with DERBY players and No one I can recognise that is at WBA. Yesterday/today was his last day on hols in Portugal ;)

Oh please elaborate

I believe its something to do with Einsteins Theory of Relativity and the concept that it things can be different even though they are the same, it just depends on your perspective.

I am sure it is something like that anyway.  :huh:

What a load of b******s! if Hughes or any player for that matter wanted out of this club they would be gone to the highest bidder, fact! two reasons 1) no player is bigger than the club 2) it makes financial sense, why pay a players wages who has no intention of playing for you. Why have a moping face hanging around your club unsettling your other players? If peace is keeping Thorne around to teach him a lesson then he is A) a s***e business man who I would want nowhere near my club and B) a complete egotistical tosser! (See point A)

With respect it's your post that is a load of ********.

You say any derby player would be out the club to the highest bidder. Then slate JP as a ***** businessman and a tosser for trying to do exactly that for west brom

Ill bet you £20 George thorne is a dcfc player by the end of august????

Archived