Why we have lost that certain something.......

CapeTownRams

Looking back again at the whole game at Blackburn as well as the Brighton match it's clear to see why we have stopped scoring for fun etc. Bottom line is that half of the regular outfield players have lost their form , viz: Bryson ( still working hard but has lost the sparkle ), Ward , Dawkins, Martin and Hughes (although he was decent at Blackburn). Question is why !?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno about anyone else but I'm not too bothered at this stage how we're playing. Tiredness & fluctuating form are inevitable given the intense Christmas period.

Sign of a team going places when they start to win whilst playing ugly. I pity some in this division when we hit top form again.

We're getting it back already. Tiredness that's all. Forsyth should have had 2 in 2 games. He's had two 1v1 situations (admittedly he was slightly harassed in both but he still had a clear sight of the keeper and goal)

Martin has had 2 chances where he's hesitated to pull the trigger from inside the box and he's then been closed down and snatched at it. He's also missed contact twice on the goal line from low crosses. He just needs that sharpness back. I'm sure his 94th minute winner will help

Bryson perhaps a mixture of tiredness and shaking off an injury.

Hughes - tired

Eustace - visibly done for at times

Wisdom - clumsy errors snuck in. Lack of concentration - tired?

Dawkins - clumsy, lack of concentration?

Russell - injured

Ward - needs a couple of good performances and a boost.

But we've played 3 halves now where we have looked far sharper than the Brighton or Wigan games or even a couple of games before Christmas.

Probably the most important partnership for us is Martin/Bryson.

With both tiring, Bryson injured and Martin perhaps needing a boost we've missed out.

Hopefully we'll see Bryson back to assuming he's safe to go beyond Martin. Hopefully we'll see Martin react a little bit quicker and get a bit more enthusiasm.

I doubt we'll repeat our incredible run. It was a nice run of fixtures. But I think performances are generally on the up. Chances are on the up.

Might even jump Burnley.

Archived