Burnley

Derby

Everton

Notts County

Preston

Stoke

WBA

Wolverhampton

The football league didn't start when the original clubs were founded, didn't they just play the FA Cup to begin with and loads of friendlies?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The football league didn't start when the original clubs were founded, didn't they just play the FA Cup to begin with and loads of friendlies?

The football league started in 1888.

The first FA Cup was in 1871-2 - it was won by Wanderers FC.

An interesting fact about Wanderers FC is that their original name was Forest Football Club. I'm only surprised that lot down the road haven't claimed the original FA Cup winners as their own.

I raise you with joey Barton

That was on the back of a season of good displays. Take away all of Barton's disciplinary problem and he is a very good player. 

Fraizer Campbell's call up was on the back of him making about 8 appearances in 2 years

That was on the back of a season of good displays. Take away all of Barton's disciplinary problem and he is a very good player.

Fraizer Campbell's call up was on the back of him making about 8 appearances in 2 years

Ok I ll raise you David nugent

Although incredible that he played for England, he'd been regularly scoring and had just earned a big transfer to the prem. Though I will admit it was a very bizarre call up I don't think it eclipses Campbell haha

Lol

Ok you ve done me. I agree mcclaren was a brilliant England manager and can't question any of his decisions.

Lol

Ok you ve done me. I agree mcclaren was a brilliant England manager and can't question any of his decisions.

Was marvellous at Forest too for a few months....

Was marvellous at Forest too for a few months....

It was platt-esq what it left us with

Finally only this year have been able to get rid of any reminder of him

Sometimes a club just 'fits' a manger. He's found his with ur lot

Hope Pearce has found his.

It was platt-esq what it left us with

Finally only this year have been able to get rid of any reminder of him

Sometimes a club just 'fits' a manger. He's found his with ur lot

Hope Pearce has found his.

probably.... But it's last chance saloon for the owner, fans are always going to back a forest legend instead of the owner

Lol

As gutting as it was missing out on the Euros, it's hardly his fault the Carsons wrists turned to jelly as we were heading through haha :)

As gutting as it was missing out on the Euros, it's hardly his fault the Carsons wrists turned to jelly as we were heading through haha :)

And who was it that picked untested Carson in the biggest game of England's season?

Has england manager the teams he won against were

Greece

Andorra

Macedonia

Estonia

Israel

Russia

Austria

Teams he couldn't beat

Macedonia

Croatia

Holland

Spain

Brazil

Germany

Russia

Croatia

When it really matters against anything half decent and when it matters (ie QPR) he bottles it

And who was it that picked untested Carson in the biggest game of England's season?

Has england manager the teams he won against were

Greece

Andorra

Macedonia

Estonia

Israel

Russia

Austria

Teams he couldn't beat

Macedonia

Croatia

Holland

Spain

Brazil

Germany

Russia

Croatia

When it really matters against anything half decent and when it matters (ie QPR) he bottles it

He didn't have a brilliant time as England manager but my point was that he was Carson not letting the ball go through his fingers from 30 yards away from nobody remembering that. He as already admitted that he took the England job too young and was over confident. 

Ridiculous to claim we bottled it against QPR. We played in the same fashion as all season, played them off the park but came up against a Richard Dunne who was in inspired form. Had we have got to the final and limped out 3-0 losers I could accept that he 'bottled it' but to outplay a team full of overpaid internationals for 90 minutes and to be hit with a goal against the run of play... thats bad luck and maybe inexperience to a degree but certainly not bottling it. 

Predictions for the weekend?

Blackburn 2-0 Cardiff

Brentford 2-1 Charlton

Brighton 3-1 Sheff Wed

Derby 2-0 Rotherham

Huddesfield 1-1 Bournemouth

Middlesbrough 1-0 Birmingham

Millwall 3-1 Leeds

Forest 3-0 Blackpool

Watford 1-1 Bolton

Wigan 1-0 Reading

Ipswich 0-2 Fulham