The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the arab way, 3 day adjournment was probably to give time for the payment to clear.

Ah yes.

Except that the Kuwaiti government are now saying "Sorry, Effendi. Second post not arrived yet? Oh, too bad. Oh dear, just found it in my top pocket."

Not as much as it should be, its been reduced once by about 800k, so I expect Fawaz will try and wheadle his way to pay less, basically he is robbing ordinary working folk, those folk that pay to see the gumps, yet they are deluded to thing its a ood thing.

Not as much as it should be, its been reduced once by about 800k, so I expect Fawaz will try and wheadle his way to pay less, basically he is robbing ordinary working folk, those folk that pay to see the gumps, yet they are deluded to thing its a ood thing.

anything official from todays hearing?

It's time that they were put out of their misery - it would be a blessing really. Reading Vital tonight is soooo funny - the Fridgy fans are getting so worked up that I fear they are all going to have heart attacks.

NTTAWTT.

It's time that they were put out of their misery - it would be a blessing really. Reading Vital tonight is soooo funny - the Fridgy fans are getting so worked up that I fear they are all going to have heart attacks.

NTTAWTT.

Just had a decco....

**** me backwards....

Whatever is happening it will all be out in the air on the 4th August as then the HMRC is allowed to inform Forests bank and other parties that they have sucessfully wound the club up and all trading will stop.  There are various options open to them to try and carry on its all summerised here:

http://www.businessrecovery.co.uk/help-centre/terminology-explained/what-is-a-winding-up-order/

Paul Taylor (their answer to Steve Nicholson) did a webchat earlier where he wrote:

"Right, numerous questions about the High Court hearing yesterday...

it seems there wasn't one... at least it seems hard to find a record of it taking place.

And the High Court reporters who normally send freelance copy over, have not filed any.

Which would suggest that the problem has been resolved.

Have asked the club what the situation is, but they are yet to respond.

I will tweet something when I find anything out for certain..."

If that was true and it's all sorted, surely the club would be shouting it from the rooftops? So, I think you might be right about an injunction, with one of the terms being that it can't be reported (a superinjunction?). Otherwise it wouild only take a second to clear up the confusion and put the club in a better light.

i like how he reckons no reports mean its been settled. theres no reports we havent signed Ronaldo so we must have (extreme analogy i know)

more likely theres been an injunction on reporting the outcome, or Forest and the taxman have agreed to negotiate.

i think McRamfan you have misread the info, the creditor can tell the bank 7 days after winding petition has been lodged, not after it has been heard by the court

Well, the Fridgy-clappers all seem to have convinced themselves that it's sorted but the Camel-doubters are now saying "We don't know that for a fact - prove it" - which is completely the opposite of what was happening the other week when the glass-half-empty brigade were saying "Cash flow problems" and the eternal optimists were saying "We don't know that for a fact - prove it".

I think the two camps are as hilariously divided as ever. 

Best comment on Vital is this one though by a poster called Calvin Plummer

Archived