The demise of Forest

ladyram

Got to say just because a new company is formed doesn't mean the old one went into administration does it?

So where is the old one? And why form a new one?  If i remeber Spurs did it at the same time, back then it wasn't called adminitration, it was called bankrupcy or running away from your bills.  Administration was brought in to try to make sure clubs that went bust couldn't just dodge debt and 'rise from the ashes'.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where is the old one? And why form a new one? If i remeber Spurs did it at the same time, back then it wasn't called adminitration, it was called bankrupcy or running away from your bills. Administration was brought in to try to make sure clubs that went bust couldn't just dodge debt and 'rise from the ashes'.

Possibly the same reason that Derby County Limited was dissolved in January 1997. During our first year promoted. That wasn't down to administration or running away from debts I don't think.

Just to add another prong to the debate

The Derby County Football Club is still an active company 118 years old and we've been into administration at least twice.

Sometimes football clubs reorganise their operations, there are several DCFC companies.

Perhaps forest just restructured their operations in 1982.

Possibly the same reason that Derby County Limited was dissolved in January 1997. During our first year promoted. That wasn't down to administration or running away from debts I don't think.

We payed our way out, and avoided becoming bankrupt.  Off the top of my head it was bolted together and the details where still being finalised as the case had started in the court, they had already been granted a stay of execution previously.  The co-op agreed to the proposal and we payed off our debts and remained a football club....just

Just to add another prong to the debate

The Derby County Football Club is still an active company 118 years old and we've been into administration at least twice.

Sometimes football clubs reorganise their operations, there are several DCFC companies.

Perhaps forest just restructured their operations in 1982.

That is why administration and various other laws for directors have been introduced, restructing back then was going bust and reforming with a clean slate, basically cheating, just like Anderlect had done to Forest (think that may be the same year as well), the board did the same to the suppliers.

We payed our way out, and avoided becoming bankrupt. Off the top of my head it was bolted together and the details where still being finalised as the case had started in the court, they had already been granted a stay of execution previously. The co-op agreed to the proposal and we payed off our debts and remained a football club....just

Sorry the company wasn't dissolved in 1997 it was incorporated then and dissolved later.

I don't remember any debt issues on 1996-97. After all that was when we built Pride Park.

Even if they'd gone under there would be record of the previous company on companies check, and certainly if you search for Nottingham Forest bankruptcy you'd get a few comments.

Sorry the company wasn't dissolved in 1997 it was incorporated then and dissolved later.

I don't remember any debt issues on 1996-97. After all that was when we built Pride Park.

Even if they'd gone under there would be record of the previous company on companies check, and certainly if you search for Nottingham Forest bankruptcy you'd get a few comments.

Correct we weren't, didn't think I said that, only we got close to being disolved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insolvency_Act_1986

That was the act brought in to stop clubs from doing a Forest and/or Spurs and just closing down to reform.

They had any reference removed by google, its part of their history they don't want out there.

Correct we weren't, didn't think I said that, only we got close to being disolved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insolvency_Act_1986

That was the act brought in to stop clubs from doing a Forest and/or Spurs and just closing down to reform.

They had any reference removed by google, its part of their history they don't want out there.

Okay there's a lot of old timers on here - can anyone remember Florest dissolving and reforming? My old man has never mentioned it and I'm sure he would have.

Can requests to limit results from google hold sway with other search engines?

Okay there's a lot of old timers on here - can anyone remember Florest dissolving and reforming? My old man has never mentioned it and I'm sure he would have. Can requests to limit results from google hold sway with other search engines?
We must of done. Even tho you me and every other forest fan has never heard of this and only mcramfan is the only dcfc fan that I've read or heard mention this, it must have happened. When he states something it's always right

We must of done. Even tho you me and every other forest fan has never heard of this and only mcramfan is the only dcfc fan that I've read or heard mention this, it must have happened. When he states something it's always right

Instead of typing rubbish, go find proof that I wrong?

Forest and Spurs both wrote off a lot of bad debt and reformed, ie burnt the people they owed money to and started afresh.

You have been in exsistance since 1982, that is a fact, clearly registered with Company House.  The insolvency act was put in place to stop cheats like forest and spurs from welching on their bills/debts etc.

Now prove me wrong as the facts are there to be seen, the questions you need to ask is why would a new club be formed and why has all trace of previous names not there?  If it was a relanch/restructure you would have all the previously known as attached to the file.  This is because the company that started in 1982 came from the ashes of the dead company that exisited since 18whatever.

Anyway the fact is you are only a short lived club that has borrowed some other clubs history, its MK Forest!! (apart from they got a new stadium).

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/01630402

Right hand side near top

32 years (Incorporation date 20/04/1982)

or

https://www.duedil.com/company/01630402/nottingham-forest-football-club-limited

Near the bottom under details

Inc. Date: 20 Apr 1982

Nottingham Forest Football Club Limited was founded on 20 Apr 1982 and has its registered office in Nottingham. The organisation's status is listed as "Live" and it currently has one director. 100-199 people are employed at this company. The company has only one subsidiary, Nottingham Forest Football Academy Limited.

Yeah it was nonsense, I was 2 years out. 

You don'y know your short history?  I am surprised.

The fact that NFFC was incorporated then does not mean we went into administration. I have read lots of books on NFFC and there is no mention of administration.

As for comparing us to MK Dons, that is a very, very poor wind up even by your standards!

The fact that NFFC was incorporated then does not mean we went into administration. I have read lots of books on NFFC and there is no mention of administration.

As for comparing us to MK Dons, that is a very, very poor wind up even by your standards!

Incorporated means either formed or constituted as a legal entity, as in brand new never existed before or combined into one body, made part of.

If it was the first reason, then the old forest died and its history with it.

If it was the 2nd who did you sell out to?

Either way the history has gone and you are only 34 years old.  So therefore the comparison to MK Dons is perfectly valid, as you are touting someones history as your own, you only share a similiar name and a run down shed.  At least MK Dons gave Wimbledon their history back.

Incorporated means either formed or constituted as a legal entity, as in brand new never existed before or combined into one body, made part of.

If it was the first reason, then the old forest died and its history with it.

If it was the 2nd who did you sell out to?

Either way the history has gone and you are only 34 years old.  So therefore the comparison to MK Dons is perfectly valid, as you are touting someones history as your own, you only share a similiar name and a run down shed.  At least MK Dons gave Wimbledon their history back.

I am certain we never went into administration as there is no mention of it I would put it down to a restructure but could be wrong.

We did have a crook of a chairman who Clough lent

Archived