The demise of Forest

ladyram

Didn't think we were. Thought PNE were?

Day 1? Not sure.

I know we came back from 3-0 down on the first ever day of the Football League (against Bolton I think) to win 6-3, so we were the original comeback kings.

Utch would be able to confirm. He was there.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did. And admire your ability to mould facts to suit us. Based on an extensive, exhaustive (10 second) Internet search, (a) there was no table (why?) in the first round; and (b) goal average was used then.

Only nicked it off the much fabled reliable(!) Wikipedia ;)

I think that your computer/phone was the one having a matemare

iPad. Not been the same since I collapsed on it last Saturday night. Learned that the tiles in my bathroom are pretty hard and that the place for my iPad isn't between the tiles and myself when I fall down.

Also learned what several cracked ribs feels like!

In football terms very little:-

Founder members of the league

Highest cup final defeat

Had the 'first superstar of football'

First post war FA cup winners

I believe we made the first £100k signing

Twice champions of England

Had England's most capped player playing for us when he broke the record

Won the first Championship play off at the new Wembley

Broke the record for lowest points achieves in top flight season

Basically, for a 130 year existence...very little.

If you mean what is the place famous for I would suggest you do a little research as we certainly have a lot more to be proud of than your sh1teh0le!

Also, didn't derby have something fairly significant to do with the Industrial Revolution, so much so that a chunk of Derbyshire is a unesco world heritage site, putting it on a par with things like Mach Picchu.

No, nothing important ever happened in Derby.

Meanwhile, what have Nottingham got? A castle that isn't actually there, a tree that Robin Hood may or may not have sat under once, and an age old lace industry which they somehow managed change into a drugs and guns industry.

Maybe they thought lace was a bit girly, they were right, to be fair.

And matches kicked off at different times too - there was a debate about who scored the first league goal. Originally based on how long into the game it was scored of goal, but changed because someone kicked off earlier.

What was Forest's score on the first day? Bet they lost.

Archived