The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the price is going to be anything like £2.5m - that was the supposed price for the Coventry lad, wasn't it? Probably near a tenth of that up front for the ezel (that's Dutch for 'donkey').

You just make that up?

You just make that up?

What - the bit about ezel being Dutch for donkey? Not at all, neuken rode hond.

If Forest pay £2.5m for him, all I can say is look forward to your season of hoofball.

And so the annual forest signings wankfest begins. Every summer they spoff millions and millions in an ever more frantic attempt to get promoted. The fans demand it, the owner manages to convince other clubs that they'll actually pay up and the merry-go-round continues. Over on LTLF, the mood is lifted in certain quarters, as junky-like they emerge from their stupor to a world full of fresh possibilities and start to gloat at us because they've bought big and **** themselves frantic about how this year it's going to different and this year the squad looks absolutely certain top 2 material (probably champions) and how last year was all just a bad memory and down to injuries/the wrong manager/sleet/whatever...

One year the annual throw of the dice might work out for them, but I doubt it. Meanwhile we'll just keep quietly going about the business of running a proper football club, paying our way and routinely spanking them on the pitch.

Debt building, wage bill spiralling, ground crumbling...if Physco fails, there's not many places left to go. Which is more likely Prem in 12 months or League 1? 

Fryatt on a free would be a good piece of business. Not a 20 goal a season man but I would expect him to reach double figures at least.

I would be sceptical about Lars Veldwijk though. £2.5m is an awful lot of money for a Dutch second division striker. I am only guessing but I would imagaine Dutch second division football is not dissimilar to League One.

No word on forest os about signings, but their latest post( Mon 9th June), promotes watching world cup games at CG, which starts in 2 weeks time.

Maybe they use the arabian calendar?

Fryatt on a free would be a good piece of business. Not a 20 goal a season man but I would expect him to reach double figures at least.

I would be sceptical about Lars Veldwijk though. £2.5m is an awful lot of money for a Dutch second division striker. I am only guessing but I would imagaine Dutch second division football is not dissimilar to League One.

Fryatt would be a good signing - no doubt about that.

I used to watch Volendam (Veldwijk's first club, I believe) a time or two a few years ago - dreadful standard of football but bags of goals at both ends. They got promoted to the Eredivisie one year and they got hammered week in, week out.

Thought the Dutch league was one of the best hahahahahahaha

Not the second division, no. Try again, son of a silly person.

Can't believe I've wasted my time watching that video. A couple of decent goals and one great pass but hardly oozing class is he?

The one thing I did like though is at the start. Seemingly to illustrate just how tall he is the photo of him doesn't include the top of his head, brilliant.

Bit like the video of Russell

2 penos, a scuffed goal and a deflection and load of repeats to fill 7 minutes he turned out alright didn't he (cough)

Oh the Dutch first is class but the second I shi7

Thought so ;)

If it was so bad, why would Forest fans be wetting themselves over the signing of a Dutch player? Think you've got another Bryan Roy?

At least I've watched Dutch second division football. What are your credentials for being able to make any sort of an educated comment?

Sorry, shouldn't have used the word 'educated' - you're from Nottingham.

If it was so bad, why would Forest fans be wetting themselves over the signing of a Dutch player? Think you've got another Bryan Roy?

At least I've watched Dutch second division football. What are your credentials for being able to make any sort of an educated comment?

Sorry, shouldn't have used the word 'educated' - you're from Nottingham.

A Youtube video, of course!

Archived