The demise of Forest

ladyram

If at the start of the season you offered Derby fans 3rd in the league, beat our records points total, top scorers, beat Forest 5-0 but fail to go up I think most of us would have taken it

If at the start of the season you offered Forest fans 11th in the league, 20 points behind Derby and 'King Billy' was sacked you'd all have laughed at the offer

F*ck knows how any Forest fans feel they have the right to take digs  :lol:

Fair points but you can't tell me you were not gloating when we lost in the play-offs in 2010 and 2011 and you finished 14th and 19th respectively?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If at the start of the season you offered Derby fans 3rd in the league, beat our records points total, top scorers, beat Forest 5-0 but fail to go up I think most of us would have taken it

And you broke all them records for what? The game in which mattered you choked.

Some of mclarens substitutions yesterday was very strange.

For our record books?  :lol:

And yep they were, Dawkins for Russell was a poor decision but can't change that now

I don't think we choked. We just couldn't score, which said as much about their defensive performance as our attacking display. 

Re the subs - Dawkins for Russell was a bit odd - probably should have been Ward. Bryson on for Hughes was always going to happen. Bamford was a last minute throw of the dice. 

I don't think we choked. We just couldn't score, which said as much about their defensive performance as our attacking display.

Re the subs - Dawkins for Russell was a bit odd - probably should have been Ward. Bryson on for Hughes was always going to happen. Bamford was a last minute throw of the dice.

As soon as he got sent off bamford should of been on

As soon as he got sent off bamford should of been on

Not sure. 

Should probably have been on sooner than he was, especially when it became clear that Dawkins wasn't having a great impact, but Ward was still causing problems and it wasn't like Steve would sub Dawkins back off again.

I would agree. The best example of a team choking would be Sheff Utd against Wolves in 2003, going 3-0 down at half-time.

Do you think there will be some decent money for McClaren to spend?

What minute did bamford come on?

Utter tripe, his subs were perfect. He bought Dawkins on for Russell because he was knackered the same as ward. They were down to 10 and Dawkins control, pace is frightening so he wanted us to keep up the pressure. Steve had it in the back of his mind that the game was going to extra time, they couldnt have handled another 30 mins of sustained pressure so he saved Bamford for extra time to add that touch of quality to add to the pressure on their already fading, ageing defence and win it in extra time, what nobody envisaged was them to go up the other end and score through a mistake from our own defenders ironically. How can you say we choked? we were much better than qpr who's squad on paper is much, much better than ours. Choking is playing badly and being overrun all game and losing 3 or 4 - 0, thats choking! just like forest at the i - pro

I would agree. The best example of a team choking would be Sheff Utd against Wolves in 2003, going 3-0 down at half-time.

Do you think there will be some decent money for McClaren to spend?

I don't know. 

I suspect that we'll patch up any holes that we have as the result of loanees returning to their clubs, or players being cherry-picked, likely with further loans. 

Can see us taking the view that if we can keep a side together that is largely the same as the one we had at the end of this season, then we'll be alright, based on the assumption that the Championship will be weaker next season than it's been this. The teams coming down are poor. 

Next year I'd imagine Wigan and Blackburn will likely be up there, but beyond those, I don't think there's much to worry about tbh. Reading, and Leeds (if Cellino puts in serious money) might be worth keeping an eye on I suppose.

I don't know. 

I suspect that we'll patch up any holes that we have as the result of loanees returning to their clubs, or players being cherry-picked, likely with further loans. 

Can see us taking the view that if we can keep a side together that is largely the same as the one we had at the end of this season, then we'll be alright, based on the assumption that the Championship will be weaker next season than it's been this. The teams coming down are poor. 

Next year I'd imagine Wigan and Blackburn will likely be up there, but beyond those, I don't think there's much to worry about tbh. Reading, and Leeds (if Cellino puts in serious money) might be worth keeping an eye on I suppose.

Wolves could be dangerous as well but may fall just short.

You would expect at least one from the relegated sides to put together a serious promotion push as well.

We should be be in the top six if we have some better luck on the injury front and get a prolific striker. It is pleasing to see a lot of deadwood clear out.

Wolves could be dangerous as well but may fall just short.

You would expect at least one from the relegated sides to put together a serious promotion push as well.

We should be be in the top six if we have some better luck on the injury front and get a prolific striker. It is pleasing to see a lot of deadwood clear out.

Probably too soon for Wolves. I know Southampton and Norwich went straight through but it's the exception rather than the norm.

Fulham, I expect to find their natural level now, which isn't the PL. Norwich, have a decent squad for the Championship but they're likely to be raided, and will want to reduce their wagebill so it's unlikely that that's the squad they'll end up with come August. 

Cardiff - well yeah, could be them, but we'll have to see whether Solskjaer's really aware of just how difficult the Championship will be. 

Forest - I think the biggest problem that you're going to have is Pearce. Just don't rate him. Not as a Manager.

Probably too soon for Wolves. I know Southampton and Norwich went straight through but it's the exception rather than the norm.

Fulham, I expect to find their natural level now, which isn't the PL. Norwich, have a decent squad for the Championship but they're likely to be raided, and will want to reduce their wagebill so it's unlikely that that's the squad they'll end up with come August. 

Cardiff - well yeah, could be them, but we'll have to see whether Solskjaer's really aware of just how difficult the Championship will be. 

Forest - I think the biggest problem that you're going to have is Pearce. Just don't rate him. Not as a Manager.

Agreed about Wolves but they may push for a play-off position. It is hard to see them struggling.

I don't disagree about the relegated sides but Fulham may have some decent cash to spend. Solskjaer will be Cardiff's archilles heel and I would be surprised if he is in a job by Christmas.

Agreed about Pearce, had he been Norwich's left-back for twelve years then people would have been horrified by his appointment. However, we do have a very good side for this level when fully fit and I don't think Pearce is so bad that he would mess it up completely.

Tbf, Davros did, and he's a better Manager, IMO, than Pearce....... ;)

He is a better manager than Pearce, but it was the injuries more than Davies.

Had Davies been a rational and normal manager who just got on with his job then he may well still be in a job.

He is a better manager than Pearce, but it was the injuries more than Davies.

Had Davies been a rational and normal manager who just got on with his job then he may well still be in a job.

Well it's difficult to argue with this - few would accuse Davros of being rational or normal! :D

Archived