The demise of Forest

ladyram

Should have kept SoD....

He took over less than a month before the season with a threadbare squad and added to it well.

We were playing decent football and only a point off the play-offs. I think had he been kept we would have made the play-offs as we would have been more consistent in the second half of the season instead of up and down.

Having said that he did not do his reputation any good at Bristol City.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He took over less than a month before the season with a threadbare squad and added to it well.

We were playing decent football and only a point off the play-offs. I think had he been kept we would have made the play-offs as we would have been more consistent in the second half of the season instead of up and down.

Having said that he did not do his reputation any good at Bristol City.

True, but I suspect that he'd have seen your lot right. It was actually a relief to see him go and Davros come back. For us at least....

Platt

Hart

Kinnear

Megson

Calderwood

Davies

McClaren

Cotterill

O'Driscoll

McLeish

Davies

Apart from Hart, Calderwood and O'Driscoll all the others were downright awful. Even Hart and Calderwood were well on the way to send the club down.

That's an awful lot of awful managers. Hmm, you don't suppose that... ya know,... it might not be the managers, but the club that's crap do you?

Nah, sorry my mistake, can't be the Famous Team, must be the managers.

Davies was sent to the stand for arguing that Morgan should have been sent off when he conceded the penalty. I thought that as well but as was shown it probably would not have altered the outcome.

billy was sent to the stands and banned a few times when he took us up.

Maybe it's an omen?

That's an awful lot of awful managers. Hmm, you don't suppose that... ya know,... it might not be the managers, but the club that's crap do you?

Nah, sorry my mistake, can't be the Famous Team, must be the managers.

I think it probably says more about the board and their running of the club more than anything. Most of the others had success elsewhere.

Platt, Kinnear and Cotterill were probably the only unsuitable managers on there on paper when appointed.

I was one of a small minority who though McLeish may be OK as he does have a very decent record even though his teams are renowned for being a chore to watch.

Only decent thing I can remember McLeish doing was winning the treble in Scotland in a year when Celtic had a much better side.

Only decent thing I can remember McLeish doing was winning the treble in Scotland in a year when Celtic had a much better side.

He did well with Scotland and came close to taking them to Euro 2008 in a group containing France and Italy.

He won promotion at Birmingham as well as beating Arsenal in the League Cup final. He also guided Motherwell to second place in the SPL and his job at Villa does not look so bad now as Lambert has struggled badly there as well.

Arguably he boasts a better track record than McClaren.

I think it probably says more about the board and their running of the club more than anything. Most of the others had success elsewhere.

That was sort of my point really, but what of the fridge magnate? From the outside looking in obviously, but if I were a gump (thanks be to Odin I'm not) I'd be a wee bit worried. Doesn't seem to be a force for calm and stability to me.

That was sort of my point really, but what of the fridge magnate? From the outside looking in obviously, but if I were a gump (thanks be to Odin I'm not) I'd be a wee bit worried. Doesn't seem to be a force for calm and stability to me.

No but things are a hell of a lot better then they were two years ago when Doughty had walked out and was refusing to invest anything more and the club was looking certain to go down.

He did well with Scotland and came close to taking them to Euro 2008 in a group containing France and Italy.

He won promotion at Birmingham as well as beating Arsenal in the League Cup final. He also guided Motherwell to second place in the SPL and his job at Villa does not look so bad now as Lambert has struggled badly there as well.

Arguably he boasts a better track record than McClaren.

Nah - a national title in Holland with someone other than Ajax or PSV takes some doing. Also got Middlesborough of all teams to a European final. England job was too soon for him.

Appalling at Forest granted, but he probably self consciously sabotaged himself given that he's Derby and therefore required to hate you..... ;)

Nah - a national title in Holland with someone other than Ajax or PSV takes some doing. Also got Middlesborough of all teams to a European final. England job was too soon for him.

Appalling at Forest granted, but he probably self consciously sabotaged himself given that he's Derby and therefore required to hate you..... ;)

His Premier League record with Middlesbrough was distinctly average though considering the amount money he spent.

You may have a point there. It does take some doing to be given a goal and man head start and still lose! :lol:

Archived