Letting Agents

Day

Tossers the lot of em.

What happened to the days of a deposit and 1 months rent in advance?

They make up half these fees now.

Admin fees £100

Credit Check £50

Booking in/out fee £100 which you get £50 back when you move out

Pet fee £75

Reference checks £30pp

Just come off the phone to one and they wanted £25 for the house keys and 2 months rent worth as a deposit!! 

And what's happened to the 1 bedroom man pads? everywhere it's 3 bedrooms, loada ****** if you ask me

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tossers the lot of em.

Admin fees £100

Credit Check £50

Pet fee £75

Reference checks £30pp

Just come off the phone to one and they wanted £25 for the house keys and 2 months rent worth as a deposit!! 

And what's happened to the 1 bedroom man pads? everywhere it's 3 bedrooms, loada ****** if you ask me

Going through the same thing myself Daveo. I need to have a base in the UK for a couple of months to do some fundraising.

I only need a one bedroomed flat  with a bed in it as well, nowt flash.

I've seen the place I want, ring them up just to ask how much I need to transfer to secure it.

They want a deposit,  a bond,  another bond for the white goods(wtf?? one bond not enough?) a credit checking fee, bank statements, passport and reference from someone in the UK. I can't be on DSS and even if I pay for the year upfront, they still need bank statements and a reference.

Christ I feel like a criminal.

Another thing, you cheating *****, If it's advertised on your fecking website at 140 quid a week, when I ring up to say I'll have it, why the feck do you suddenly try to charge me 180 quid a week for the same place.

180 quid a frigging week for a shared house turned into seperate flats? What the hell happened to England?

Tossers the lot of them.

One agent just told me they want £200 to cover all application fees and I need to pay this BEFORE viewing and choosing any property, the application just to be on their books can take 3 weeks to be accepted, only then can I apply to view a house. If my application fails the £200 is refunded within 28 days.

Politely told him to do one.

I saw something on watchdog or similar about these practices, some never get paid back.

On the flip side, landlords can get saddled with tenants who won't pay and it costs a fortune to evict them. But, that's the landlords, no risk to the agency, but I can see why they want stern financial checks, but it shouldn't cost as much as some of them charge.

I know a member on here that works for a letting agency, but I'll let him get involved if he wants too.

He won't come out, too embarrassed!

You can check your credit rating yourself for what, a fiver?...they make out the admin costs like £200 to fetch a tenancy agreement out the cupboard and fill it in. Tossers the lot of em.

Tossers the lot of em.

Admin fees £100

Credit Check £50

Pet fee £75

Reference checks £30pp

Some of the those fees are utterly ridiculous.

Archived