that new song!

Tricky1884

We should really do the "wooooaaaahhhhhh ooooaaahh" bit from Viva La Vida since we have Chrissy Martin...

Have been thinking it'd be nice to have a proper original chant as I feel like we mainly just have our own versions of other people's stuff (even the bouncing seems to be 2nd hand!)

Was thinking it would be good if we could tie in into the railway heritage in Derby... We are based on the old sidings after all... and there must be some kind of chant we can do which would sound like a train? Think that encapsulates the rhythms of a catchy football chant?

Maybe a D C F C starting off slow and speeding up? Then add in some woooaaaoooohhh DCFCDCFC wooooaaaoooohhh DCFCDCFC (slightly higher pitch) woooooaaaaoooohhhh DCFCDCFC...

Just a random thought I had in my 'chamber of inspiration' (on the bog)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should really do the "wooooaaaahhhhhh ooooaaahh" bit from Viva La Vida since we have Chrissy Martin...

Have been thinking it'd be nice to have a proper original chant as I feel like we mainly just have our own versions of other people's stuff (even the bouncing seems to be 2nd hand!)

Was thinking it would be good if we could tie in into the railway heritage in Derby... We are based on the old sidings after all... and there must be some kind of chant we can do which would sound like a train? Think that encapsulates the rhythms of a catchy football chant?

Maybe a D C F C starting off slow and speeding up? Then add in some woooaaaoooohhh DCFCDCFC wooooaaaoooohhh DCFCDCFC (slightly higher pitch) woooooaaaaoooohhhh DCFCDCFC...

Just a random thought I had in my 'chamber of inspiration' (on the bog)

There's a reason that a lot of things which happen in the bog, stay in the bog.

;)

The players must be playing well if all we can find to moan about is the songs we sing.

Hopefully we can lose a few games and everyone can get back to slagging off Dawkins and Omar.

We actually sing a good range of old and new songs, Since I was young is one of the loudest so tends to travel all round the ground, hence we sing it more. It's no better or worse than any of the others.

FWIW I recorded the second half of the Cardiff away game and we actually sang 38 different songs, Since I was young and Dale Cervesa were repeated 3 times each, but there was all the classics in there as well as all the new songs.

Archived