Rain Check game

rammieib

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a rain check game? Summat Americans say isn't it?

Its origins lie in baseball.

Basically if it rains, you can get in to the next game (or the replay) free on production of the ticket.

The way it's used now is to put off or postpone an arrangement (usually including beer or curry in my case) until a later date.

Thanks eddie, so say if i've missed a home match (which I have) I can get a ticket for another home match on my ST for a mate or something? If so, how good's that!

I think it only relates to abandonments (at least in its original form). I'm at a loss as to what the OP is on about.

To the less informed on this thread - if you miss a game, the club offers you the opportunity for selected games during the season to trade in that missed game for a free ticket to the equivalent seating grade as the one you missed. I think the Ipswich game was a rain check.

There was one game I missed back when we were crap but now we are good, I want to bring a friend who can benefit from watching McClarens Magic!

To the less informed on this thread - if you miss a game, the club offers you the opportunity for selected games during the season to trade in that missed game for a free ticket to the equivalent seating grade as the one you missed. I think the Ipswich game was a rain check.

There was one game I missed back when we were crap but now we are good, I want to bring a friend who can benefit from watching McClarens Magic!

Does….not….compute….

What does 'miss a game' mean?

;)

Archived