no games make me bored.

Tricky1884

With england playing and only having one home match this month its really dull. My mate was forced to miss the sheff wed game because of family stuff doesnt seem right that we only have one home game in a month and three international gaps so far this season. Im just bored but it doesnt seen good for fans even though its been good for us with getting players fit. In two months so far this season there has only been one home game just seems rubbish??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have taken the opportunity to go and see my grandson a couple of times this month. Can't get him to join me in a game of keepie-uppie yet but then again he's not 2 yet. He controls the ball with the outside of his foot too so despite the fact that he lives in Sheffield, I don't see him being a likely signing for the Blunts.

I have taken the opportunity to go and see my grandson a couple of times this month. Can't get him to join me in a game of keepie-uppie yet but then again he's not 2 yet. He controls the ball with the outside of his foot too so despite the fact that he lives in Sheffield, I don't see him being a likely signing for the Blunts.

Keep quiet about his cavalier attitude to ball control - he might get signed for £450,000 and then bombed out after a couple of games when they realise.

International breaks during the season are boooooring!

Helps us out though. The smaller squads need them more.

But man, I couldn't give a toss about international ***** football. Start the season just to stop it 3 times in the first 3 months. Ooooooh Chile?!? Germany? Reserves that won't get picked anyway?! Zzz

Keep quiet about his cavalier attitude to ball control - he might get signed for £450,000 and then bombed out after a couple of games when they realise.

I don't know. Collect a few Clubs along the way, never get picked, have a moan, keep the dosh rolling in. Sounds good to me.

I was thinking about this the other day - couldn't we just play on?

From what I understand (please, correct me if I'm wrong - I'm not that familiar with age groups), the U21s and U17s don't always have fixtures the same week as the seniors. For example, I can't see a game that happened last week or that is happening this week for the U-17s. So there are young players across the country who would be available for selection.

What a great opportunity that would have been for Max Lowe and the other young players coming through to get some experience in the first team. Opportunities like that could be the making of a players career. Giving young English talent a go is how we'll improve as a national football team - what better way by sticking them straight in to a competitive match at senior level as a break from their age group fixtures.

It would then mean that managers were not allowed to withdraw their players from international squads (which is the way it should be anyway, IMO), and would be forced to look for alternatives in the squad.

We've taken to playing internationals on Fridays and mid weeks, so holding games on a Saturday wouldn't affect attendances.

Would it be fair across the board? Maybe not. Teams like Derby will have more international players than a team like Yeovil so it might significantly enhance a team's chances. Maybe that's a major flaw, maybe it isn't, I don't know. Is it any more unfair than spending beyond your means, or cheating? Both happen in football.

Just seems a shame that the game gets halted for a fortnight because a core of first teamers are called up whilst there's some fantastic young English talent waiting patiently for a kick.

couldn't agree more with asanovic - same story for the world cup in the winter - regardless of international weekends - play the normal fixtures anyway, much better than having blank weekends or the dreadful prospect of a winter break. Would also help encourage clubs to look at young British talent rather than short term international signings.

International breaks during the season are boooooring!

Helps us out though. The smaller squads need them more.

But man, I couldn't give a toss about international ***** football. Start the season just to stop it 3 times in the first 3 months. Ooooooh Chile?!? Germany? Reserves that won't get picked anyway?! Zzz

Feel exactly the same! Not just as a derby fan either, everyone I know who supports prem or champ teams hates the break!

Tv will say big ratings for England games, only because there is nothing else to watch for two weeks football wise. Couldn't care less about England. Maybe get interested in a tournament but that's it.

Gibraltar are now in European qualifying, a country whose whole population fits inside pride park. A waist of time!

Think we should maybe have qualifying tournaments the summer before the actual tournaments! Then non qualifiers can play each other in friendlies while the tournament goes on.

The whole concept is dying to me, no money in anything other than tournaments either. Can see radical change in the next ten years

Archived