Help, need work

Mafiabob

I know this is a pretty unorthodox way of going about it. But I lost my job yesterday after 11 years. It was my own fault I lost my job but there was mitigating circumstances of a sort. If any of you have a company or anyone know of any jobs going would be much appreciated. I have experience in a lean manufacturing environment and fast paced work (Toyota). Thankyou

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you twotted some fascist group leader there! God I hated visiting Toyota when I was a supplier!

I'm not sure there is much out there other than seasonal at the moment. But good luck. There may be some lower end assembly jobs at JCB, but through blue arrow.

I know this is a pretty unorthodox way of going about it. But I lost my job yesterday after 11 years. It was my own fault I lost my job but there was mitigating circumstances of a sort. If any of you have a company or anyone know of any jobs going would be much appreciated. I have experience in a lean manufacturing environment and fast paced work (Toyota). Thankyou

Am job hunting at the moment myself. If you're prepared to travel then Jaguar Land Rover are still heavily advertising in Solihull, there is also a 1st tier automotive supplier to JLR called Faurecia at Fradley Park that are advertising too, both companies are looking for staff with Lean Backgrounds.

There's also CI managers vacancies cropping up if you're at that level in various places in the East Midlands I've come across. Your background may also be of interested to a lot of Food companies whom are looking for candidates to come in with a background in CI, Bakkavor, Moy Park in Ashbourne are recruiting, Thorntons and Nestle have things in pipeline.

Hope this helps, anything else I can be of use for just shout

Am job hunting at the moment myself. If you're prepared to travel then Jaguar Land Rover are still heavily advertising in Solihull, there is also a 1st tier automotive supplier to JLR called Faurecia at Fradley Park that are advertising too, both companies are looking for staff with Lean Backgrounds.

There's also CI managers vacancies cropping up if you're at that level in various places in the East Midlands I've come across. Your background may also be of interested to a lot of Food companies whom are looking for candidates to come in with a background in CI, Bakkavor, Moy Park in Ashbourne are recruiting, Thorntons and Nestle have things in pipeline.

Thankyou very much for the info, it's greatly appreciated. Will look into these places straight away. Thankyou

if you're prepared to go to Fradley Park, then look at Magna (Intier) who make doors for Toyota, they're at Barton under Needwood. I used to manage the warehouse when it was in Derby about ten years ago.

if you're prepared to go to Fradley Park, then look at Magna (Intier) who make doors for Toyota, they're at Barton under Needwood. I used to manage the warehouse when it was in Derby about ten years ago.

thanks for that I know that supplier well, I was in the logistics part of Toyota so know quite a few. Will try and get in touch with them

thanks for that I know that supplier well, I was in the logistics part of Toyota so know quite a few. Will try and get in touch with them

sadly, the turnover of staff is ridiculous there, I don't even have a contact there. I bet if you went in there and mentioned my name, you'd struggle to find anyone who knows me, which saddens me considering I won them the contract to supply the Auris, and helped find the location for the new production facility and help design the bespoke building they're currently in! :(

sadly, the turnover of staff is ridiculous there, I don't even have a contact there. I bet if you went in there and mentioned my name, you'd struggle to find anyone who knows me, which saddens me considering I won them the contract to supply the Auris, and helped find the location for the new production facility and help design the bespoke building they're currently in! :(

That's what happens when you're the tea lady.

1-0

p.s. asking for work when you admit it's your fault you lost your job? wut.

well some people I know have lost their jobs when they've been smacked by someone else and not retaliated. 

I know someone who lost his job for asking someone if he could take some scrap racking out of the skip for his garage and being told yes, only to be done for stealing.

well some people I know have lost their jobs when they've been smacked by someone else and not retaliated. 

I know someone who lost his job for asking someone if he could take some scrap racking out of the skip for his garage and being told yes, only to be done for stealing.

But they didn't admit it was their own fault?

I remember there was once a picture in this forum of a guy (student) that was working as a scarecrow. If you have those kind of interesting jobs available please let me know, I'm interested in moving to England for a while but need a job.

I remember there was once a picture in this forum of a guy (student) that was working as a scarecrow. If you have those kind of interesting jobs available please let me know, I'm interested in moving to England for a while but need a job.

jesus Cisse, everyone in Europe finds a job in Derby, you cant fail.

Archived