Football Manager 2014

Dimmu

Patience is key I guess. I've got fifa, I'm not that enthralled by the game. Used to play pro evo, fifa just doesn't feel right although I like playing as Derby and hearing the Derby songs.

This FM just seems a lot harder than the previous one, to me it seems the Derby squad is amazingly imbalanced and I've no idea what formation to implement.

Think I'll start a new game and manage a different team to Derby, probably favour the wrong players and formation.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patience is key I guess. I've got fifa, I'm not that enthralled by the game. Used to play pro evo, fifa just doesn't feel right although I like playing as Derby and hearing the Derby songs.

This FM just seems a lot harder than the previous one, to me it seems the Derby squad is amazingly imbalanced and I've no idea what formation to implement.

Think I'll start a new game and manage a different team to Derby, probably favour the wrong players and formation.

Don't worry mate, I can't do the either. I bought it maybe last year or the year before and was hopeless. I built a side for both Hibernian and Derby that were great in possession and came out with 60% or more every game. I'd have more shots than the opposition but I couldn't score. I even got 60% against Celtic and had more shots but they still beat me 3-0 or summat like that. I tried everything to stop them shooting from range but they wouldn't.

Obviously I'd set up wrong somewhere but I tried all I could to rectify it.

Not played it since. Might delve back in this year if people rate it. 2010 was my year. Great game! Lol

8 points clear in February in my second season, and into FA Cup 5th round.

Currently team:

Romo

Caddis Keogh Coates Robinson

Hendrick, Fox, Guedioura

Hughes

Martin Russell

Rotation players:

Lingard, Petrucci, Nimely, Guede, Dingsdag, Jacobs

Don't worry mate, I can't do the either. I bought it maybe last year or the year before and was hopeless. I built a side for both Hibernian and Derby that were great in possession and came out with 60% or more every game. I'd have more shots than the opposition but I couldn't score. I even got 60% against Celtic and had more shots but they still beat me 3-0 or summat like that. I tried everything to stop them shooting from range but they wouldn't.

Obviously I'd set up wrong somewhere but I tried all I could to rectify it.

Not played it since. Might delve back in this year if people rate it. 2010 was my year. Great game! Lol

Yeah, exactly that. Dominate possession, but my defence is absolutely shocking. 

I look at the post above and see he still has Keogh in the team and I think, what a joker, Keogh in the team and he's 8 points clear.

Great game.

Yeah, exactly that. Dominate possession, but my defence is absolutely shocking. 

I look at the post above and see he still has Keogh in the team and I think, what a joker, Keogh in the team and he's 8 points clear.

Great game.

I'm not renewing his contact...

martin has already signed a pre-contract with Rangers too.

Do you use many shouts before the game or do you implement them during the game? 

i have a few on. i use short passing, more expressing, narrower, close down as standard with my midfield as it is. Update them through the game based on assitant advice...

Unless you hadn't noticed... Simmo is a crap assistant, so I'd replace him asap.

i have a few on. i use short passing, more expressing, narrower, close down as standard with my midfield as it is. Update them through the game based on assitant advice...

Unless you hadn't noticed... Simmo is a crap assistant, so I'd replace him asap.

Yeah, couldn't bring myself to manage any team other than Derby, so I've replaced Simmo with Steele.

I've started with Yeovil.

32 games in and I'm 3 points above the relegation zone. Playing a counter 4312 formation with Paddy Madden banging them in.

Find it hard to win but I'm collecting a steady amount of points with lots of draws.

No transfer budget and a wage budget of 50k. Could only bring in 2 loanees as they already have 6 on loan, annoyingly 4 of those ended in Jan and I can't make any more!

Going to be a tight finish but I'm confident of staying up.

I've started with Yeovil.

32 games in and I'm 3 points above the relegation zone. Playing a counter 4312 formation with Paddy Madden banging them in.

Find it hard to win but I'm collecting a steady amount of points with lots of draws.

No transfer budget and a wage budget of 50k. Could only bring in 2 loanees as they already have 6 on loan, annoyingly 4 of those ended in Jan and I can't make any more!

Going to be a tight finish but I'm confident of staying up.

Yeovil are second in my second season after losing in the play offs first.

Yeovil are second in my second season after losing in the play offs first.

Well that's just b*****ks.  :angry:   :lol:

Their team is awfully below standard and theres no money to change it up. 

Managed to keep them up, went down to the last day of the season but Charlton who were 21st lost anyway so I was up regardless. Now to hopefully push on and stabilise ourselves as a mid table team. 

Conor Sammon is awesome on my game, won 2 POTM and has scored 21 goals in the league. Only 9 behind our Paddy Madden though...  :cool:

After losing my first 7 games I switched to a 3-5-1-1 and straight after went on a 12 match unbeaten run

LCB and RCB stoppers, CB cover

RM and LM defensive wingers

really seems to work, don't keep a lot of possession but solid and good on the counter

Archived