Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My view of their goal...

Ball gets lumped into the box, defence assumes it's for Zigic who is offside (and makes no attempt to get it), defence walk out expecting the whistle, nobody spotted Novak.

Not seen a replay so that account might be a little hazy, but that's how it appeared to me

On Radio Derby someone said Sammon should be sold on a free transfer as he was shocking today. :lol:

The same Conor Sammon that won us the game at Watford last week?? He did miss a few chances (I've not seen the last minute one yet) but was far more dangerous than Martin. On another day he would have scored a couple. Nobody scores every chance they get.

Fair result, expected going into the game quite a scrappy one.

Bryson, Hughes and Martin, normally our most influential players, didn't get going.

Andre Wisdom and Dawkins were good.

On to the next one.

Wisdom was good, Dawkins was not good.

Jake Buxton showing once again why he is a better ball player than Richard Keogh. Quality.

Absolutely. Bucko gets stick for being a non league lump of a centre half but he's a superb passer at times. His ball through for Ward's chance in the opening minutes was beautiful. If Hughes had made that pass, we'd all be purring.

On the downside, doesn't sound like McClaren has shaken his habit of referring to players by stupid nicknames. In his interview on RD he referred to "Bucko, Keysie and Fozzy".

Dawkins look really indecisive. Wisdom was very good. Nice to have a full back who doesn't want to be a winger.

Forsyth positioning is sometimes atrocious. They had it down their right wing. Bryson and Dawkins were defending. Where was Forsyth? Stood next to Grant.

Sorry but today in isolation Sammon was shocking, no getting away from it, no excuses. I'm saying that as someone who actually likes him.

Needlessly offside a few times, won 1 aerial challenge out of around 10. Miss controlled it nearly every time, got in the way of other players, missed chances. Everything about his performance was *****, he actually looked the donkey others have called him.

We was ***** second half. And not much better in the first.

Grant cost us two pints. He stood with his hand up appealing instead of coming out and gathering the loopong ball into the box.

No end product at all, both sides, and we passed the ball without real purpose and drive and moved so slowly up the field it allowed them to get back into position.

Nothing has changed really, and still no plan B.

Sorry but today in isolation Sammon was shocking, no getting away from it

Maybe so but all players have crap games in isolation. Hughes had had some shockers this season, Ward has his fair share of stinkers. You don't hear fans calling up RD demanding they be sold.

Some fans need a scapegoat and unfortunately they're very quick to turn on Sammon.

I hope there isn't loads of doom and gloom this coming week. Before today we were 5 points off the play offs and now we're 4 points off.

Unbeaten in 4, top scorers in the league and Forest got dicked by the worst team in the league.

It's not all bad is it??

Maybe so but all players have crap games in isolation. Hughes had had some shockers this season, Ward has his fair share of stinkers. You don't hear fans calling up RD demanding they be sold.

Some fans need a scapegoat and unfortunately they're very quick to turn on Sammon.

"

I quite agree, but I'm not going to make any excuses for today is all. I think as much as the texts were overly critical, the Radio Derby response went the other way and ignored just how poor his appearance was.

Archived